SOCAN Webinar on the Inflation Reduction Act

Kirk Rensmeyer

Feb 27, 2023, 8:44:10 PM2/27/23
to eatcor...@googlegroups.com, Annette Mills
The webinar was presented by Joel Rosenberg of Rewiring America.  I have included some of the data he presented and links to the website. I attached a factsheet on the IRA that can also be found on the website. Also check out Court Smith's email for useful information and links.

FYI:SOCAN = Southern Oregon Climate Action Network
A few facts:

Rebates:

Electrification

Energy Efficiency

$4.5 Billion for point-of-sale contractors and retailers

Low Income ( < 80% Area Median Income-AMI)  100% coverage

See below:   80%  =$46,400/year

Moderate Income

Consumer Tax credit applies till 2032

     30% of costs for Residential Efficiency upgrades  or Electrification   up to $3200

     Up to $2000 annual credit

Residential Clean Energy Tax Credit applies till 2034

     30% of costs for Geothermal heat pumps

Clean Vehicle Tax Credit

      $7500 New Electric Vehicle

      $4000 for used EV

Median Income
In 2021, the median household income of Corvallis households was $58,315. Corvallis households made slightly more than Pendleton households ($58,093) and North Bend households ($58,200) . However, 10.5% of Corvallis families live in poverty.
Inflation-Reduction-Act-Guidebook.pdf