Higher Costs for LMI Homeowners

1 view

Kristi Ervin

Sep 29, 2022, 10:43:15 AM9/29/22
to EATCor...@googlegroups.com
Good morning everyone,

I wanted to share the articles Julie briefly mentioned during yesterday's meeting. Anthony Roy of Earth Advantage shared, "...research that confirms that utility costs are a significant percentage of the cost of homeownership, but impact Low-income first-time homebuyers (LI FTHB) at a higher rate than other buyers. This confirms that providing access to estimated utility costs as part of the home buying process provides equity, consumer protection, *and* climate benefits...opposition to requiring this consumer protection information is doing real harm to many prospective homebuyers in their communities.".

Read more from Anthony Roy here and the Fannie Mae research here.

Thank you, feel free to share thoughts.

--
Kristi Ervin
Operations Manager/Seeds for the Sol

Kirk Rensmeyer

Sep 29, 2022, 9:54:05 PM9/29/22
to Kristi Ervin, EATCor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kristi,
    Thanks for those links. I opened them and have attached the articles. The more evidence we provide that it is actually in the interest of the homebuyer, real estate agent, city and the environment the better chance of the HES being accepted (In my view..).  Have a good weekend.
                                                                        Kirk Rensmeyer

--
——————
Energy Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: Corvallis has achieved energy security and net zero greenhouse gas emissions.

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/action-teams/energy/
---
Home Energy Score Earth Advantage 102922.docx

Annette Mills

Sep 29, 2022, 11:50:00 PM9/29/22
to Kristi Ervin, EATCor...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, Kristi!