Experiment with optimizing CPU out-of-order dependencies behavior

Eugene Abramsky

Sep 21, 2022, 4:53:43 AM9/21/22
to DynamoRIO Users
Hi,
For Google Workload Traces, in order to experiment with optimizing CPU out-of-order dependencies behavior, can we get richer traces that also include the binary code being executed without having the full binary of the program?
Or will this violate confidentiality of the original binary/source code?

Regards,
Eugene

Derek Bruening

Sep 22, 2022, 1:43:07 PM9/22/22
to Eugene Abramsky, DynamoRIO Users
We do hope to release a Version 2 of these traces with additional information to improve analysis accuracy.  While the full instruction encodings may not be possible, we do hope to provide some kind of dependence information.  We plan to send a proposed list of what information may be feasible and useful within the next week to solicit feedback: please look for that on this mailing list.