setting scheduler output stream count to input stream count

prasun3

Feb 5, 2024, 8:47:36 AMFeb 5
to DynamoRIO Users
Hi

The scheduler.init function (https://dynamorio.org/classdynamorio_1_1drmemtrace_1_1scheduler__tmpl__t.html#a7d51e5baa505e36110a502f46c676d07) takes the number of output streams as a parameter. I want to set it to be the same as the number of input streams. I don't have this information at this point, since I think get_input_stream_count can only be called after init.

I can directly count the number of traces and use that value, but I was wondering if there was another way.

Thanks
Prasun

Derek Bruening

Feb 5, 2024, 11:52:15 AMFeb 5
to prasun3, DynamoRIO Users
There is not currently another way.  This seems a reasonable feature to add: could you file a feature request in the tracker?  If you are interested in writing the code for it and submitting a pull request that sounds like a good contribution.