Fuzz tests all fail

Timothy Neale

Jun 21, 2021, 7:00:59 PM6/21/21
to DynamoRIO Users
I want to run the fuzz tests so I can see examples of how the fuzzer is working.

I cloned DynamoRIO/drmemory from GitHub (https://github.com/DynamoRIO/drmemory) and followed the procedure for building on linux (https://github.com/DynamoRIO/drmemory/wiki/How-To-Build) without making any source code changes. The build completed OK and I'm able to run tests ("make tests") and all the tests with names "fuzz_*" failed. I'm running on Ubuntu 18:
"Linux tneale-vb 4.15.0-144-generic #148-Ubuntu SMP Sat May 8 02:33:43 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux"

Are these tests supposed to pass?

I'm attaching a log of the test run and log files from a single test out of the run, fuzz_corpus.

Thanks for your help!

fuzz_corpus.suppress.txt
fuzz_corpus.results.txt
ctest_results.txt
fuzz_corpus.missing_symbols.txt
fuzz_corpus.global.1507.log
fuzz_corpus.potential_errors.txt

Derek Bruening

Jun 21, 2021, 10:55:28 PM6/21/21
to dynamor...@googlegroups.com
You can see the automated tests pass on the Github Actions VM: https://github.com/DynamoRIO/drmemory/runs/2695175875?check_suite_focus=true#step:7:4798

Timothy Neale

Jun 23, 2021, 11:53:18 AM6/23/21
to DynamoRIO Users
Thanks, that is helpful. I was looking at the tutorial page:
And the files pointed are now missing, except for the instructions page, which refers to demo files SecDev16/Demo, but that link is also broken. Are these files (or some updated version) available somewhere?

Thanks,
-Tim