Blood Donation

Sanjeev Goyal

Sep 21, 2022, 10:35:30 AM9/21/22
to dwarka-residents

584604

DWARKA FORUM Dwarka Ki Awaaz

                                          (Regn No. S-63070)

      (A Welfare Association of Residents & RWA's / CGHS Representatives of Dwarka Sub-City)

Regd. Office:

720, Pocket-1, Sector-14,

Dwarka, New Delhi - 110078

Phone No. 011-20514195

E-mail: dwark...@gmail.com

www.dwarkaforum.org

No. SKG/PMO/246              21 Sep 2022

श्री नरेंद्र मोदी, प्रधानमंत्री,

7 Lok Kalyan Marg,

New Delhi-110 001.

Sir,

PMOPG/E/2022/0253259

Reg: Blood Donation

Concerned Department: Red Cross

From latest media reports, it is understood that our country requires around 1.5 crore units of blood every year against the supply of only 1.10 crores units. Thus leading to a shortage of around 40 lakh units. Given the fact that we have huge population and a healthy person can donate blood four times a year, collecting these many units annually should not have been a challenge but, as stated, mostly due to lack of awareness/recognition sufficient donors are not coming forward for the noble cause.

There is a need to give recognition to this noble act and thereby encourage young lot of generation to come forward. It is suggested that we may initiate a scheme to put as many golden stars as number of times a student has donated the blood during a course of study.

For example, a student while undergoing a University degree donate blood on 5 occasions, five shining stars may be printed on his UG/PG/PHD degree. This will become a life time recognition for the fellow. Every time (s)he or anyone else see the degree would know about the philanthropic act of the person and it may work as a great encouraging factor for student community to come forward.

The idea may please be explored.

For consideration please.

Please acknowledge.

Regards,