Layers not positioning reliably in browser

PH

Mar 7, 2008, 2:43:48 PM3/7/08
to Dreamweaver
I'm having some problems getting layers to show up in the proper
position in a browser. I have something like 60 layers on one page,
one each for a set of links to audio files, and a corresponding hidden
layer that appears on mouse-over that contains text describing each
audio file. I've tried to be careful about positioning each link and
text layer so that they align evenly, and most of the layers appear
exactly where I want them to. Some do not, however, and I'm at a loss
to determine why they are showing up in the wrong position. Looking at
their placement properties shows they are placed at the precise V and
H coordinates, but they do not line up properly with other layers at
the same V coordinate. Has anyone ever encountered this before? Were
you able to fix it?

TIA !

- PH