Draft Russ Meetups (or Linkups if DFA will let us use their system)

Bertin Lefkovic

Jan 12, 2006, 5:23:37 PM1/12/06
to Draft Russ Feingold for President
Are we ready to begin meeting on a monthly basis? If so, I propose
that we kickoff these meetings on the 3rd Monday in February,
Presidents Day, and then continue to meet on the 3rd Monday thereafter.

Even if at this point, there is only one or a few locations in a select
number of states and there are less than 5 or 10 people meeting at each
of these locations, I think that it would be a good idea if we could
begin the process of grass roots organizing so that by the end of this
year, every state has a foundation in place.

Since we won't have the benefit of a national campaign to give us
direction and probably limited input from the Progressive Patriots'
Fund, if we can divide the 50 states into 10 regional groups of 5
states, and each regional group has at least one person who can take
the lead in working with 9 other regional leaders, that group of 10
should be able to be able to pull enough good ideas from the local
groups in their states to come up with a legitimate national agenda
every month. Local groups and state leaders can supplement that with
additional agenda items.

Possible regional groups:

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island
New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut
Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina
Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana
Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee
Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri
Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska
North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho
Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico
California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii

I am waiting to hear from DFA to find out if they will let us use their
Linkup system for this with the expectation that other Presidential
grass roots organizations will have the same access. If they say no,
we will have to settle for using Meetup.com.

Peace,

Bertin Lefkovic
New Jersey for Feingold
908-416-3105

DorS...@aol.com

Jan 12, 2006, 7:04:31 PM1/12/06
to Draf...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good -- but I am here in the southern part of the state (LBI).
So making meetings might be difficult. But I am happy to give my input, write, edit, etc., to help out.

Doreen Greenberg
Loveladies, NJ

Bill Lantz

Jan 12, 2006, 7:40:37 PM1/12/06
to Draf...@googlegroups.com
I'm here on the other coast - LA.  Will be glad to participate and help in any way I can.

Bill Lantz

Yahoo! Photos

Gerald D. Troiano

Jan 12, 2006, 7:48:36 PM1/12/06
to Draf...@googlegroups.com, Feing...@yahoogroups.com
Getting a "Russ for President" or "Draft Russ Feingold for President" topic started over at Meetup.com shouldn't be a problem now.  Deciding on a day of the month to have them nationwide could be.  It doesn't affect me, but I would think we wouldn't want the date to conflict with the Democratic Party, DFA, etc. Meetup days.

fraternally,
Jerry
www.njforfeingold.org

Bertin Lefkovic

Jan 13, 2006, 8:22:27 AM1/13/06
to Draft Russ Feingold for President
DFA is 1st Wednesday
DNC doesn't even have a Meetup button on their site anymore, but I am
pretty sure that they are not 3rd Monday.

It would be great if we could kickoff on Presidents' Day.

Bert

Bertin Lefkovic

Jan 20, 2006, 7:44:34 AM1/20/06
to Draft Russ Feingold for President
Right now, NJ only has one Draft Russ Meetup. It is in the middle of
the state, but as small as NJ is, I am sure that there are people who
don't want to have to drive an hour or more to get to a Meetup.

It would be wonderful if other Meetups could be started in the NE, NW,
SE, and SW. If you want to start one either in Ocean County or
Atlantic County, that would be great.

I know that DFA has a pretty strong local group in Ocean County. You
may want to go to their next meeting in February and see if anybody
there wants to work with you on that. I wish you the best of luck if
you decide to take this on.

Peace,

Bert