Event Cancelled: April New Brunswick Draft Russ Feingold for President Meetup

Jerry Troiano

Apr 13, 2006, 4:23:42 PM4/13/06
to Draf...@googlegroups.com
Your Organizer, Jerry Troiano, sent the following message to
the members of The New Brunswick Draft Russ Feingold for
President Meetup:

Due to the low RSVPs, which I'll chalk up to the holidays, the
New Brunswick Draft Russ Feingold for President April Meetup,
scheduled to occur tonight (April 13, 2006) @ 7:00 PM has been
cancelled. Please update your plans accordingly.

I was hoping more people would RSVP at the last minute, so I
apologize for the short notice.

The next Meetup is scheduled for Thursday, May 11 @ 7:00pm.

Fraternally,
Jerry Troiano
www.njforfeingold.org
To visit The New Brunswick Draft Russ Feingold for President
Meetup, go here:
http://russforpresident.meetup.com/2/

Katherine Joyce

Apr 14, 2006, 10:41:49 AM4/14/06
to Draf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jerry--

sorry I probably will not very often be able to make this meeting, although I am interested. I just wanted to mention one thing -- people do not observe the RSVP.

my groups get somewhere between 6 and 15 responses and always have somewhere between 18 and 45 attendees. an RSVP feature is not always a great way to gauge interest.

I have no solutions to offer as to how you decide whether to press ahead or cancel, but after 36 months of nonstop monthly meetings, if nothing else I have learned to not believe the RSVP number.

Jerry Troiano

Apr 14, 2006, 10:48:07 AM4/14/06
to Draf...@googlegroups.com
Right, but a fair number of the people did RSVP that they weren't attending, and a few more said they would be away for the holidays, so...

So to everyone else, in the future please RSVP either way.

Fraternally,
Jerry