x64 Support

Thiago Alexsander Luiz

Nov 7, 2022, 10:55:06 AM11/7/22
to Dr. Memory Users
I wonder if Dr. Memory works for x64 programs.

It works if I run notepad.exe on it, but fails if I try notepad++.exe, with the following HRESULT (STATUS_HEAP_CORRUPTION).

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dr. Memory\bin>drmemory.exe notepad++.exe
~~Dr.M~~ WARNING: unable to locate results file: can't open C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Roaming\Dr. Memory/resfile.14568 (code=2).
Dr. Memory failed to start the target application, perhaps due to
interference from invasive security software.
Try disabling other software or running in a virtual machine.
~~Dr.M~~ WARNING: application exited with abnormal code 0xc0000374

It also fails with the same error if I try to run it on a x64 DCOM Server, that interfaces with a MFC App.
I have no problems running it on 32 bit applications, be it MFC or not.

Vincent Torri

Nov 7, 2022, 11:30:37 AM11/7/22
to Dr. Memory Users
hello

try drmemory in bin64/ subdirectory , not in bin/

Vincent Torri

Thiago Alexsander Luiz

Nov 7, 2022, 12:42:41 PM11/7/22
to Dr. Memory Users
Hello
I did it, I just copied the wrong output (i also tried running using x86 binaries, for sanity reasons), it exits with the same error

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dr. Memory\bin64>drmemory.exe notepad++.exe
~~Dr.M~~ WARNING: unable to locate results file: can't open C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Roaming\Dr. Memory/resfile.17732 (code=2).