Directing Dr. Memory to certain pdb file

Misha Golub

Jun 28, 2021, 11:39:43 AM6/28/21
to Dr. Memory Users
Hello.
I have a program that loads some DLLs not normally from disk, but calling a special API in kernel module that returns a handle to DLL mapped in special way. When  I am running it in visual studio where I compiled it VS sees the symbols, but I have no idea how. I have the symbol files for such libraries. Is there a way to tell Dr. Memory to load symbols for such DLLs from specified PDBs.

Derek Bruening

Jun 28, 2021, 1:13:20 PM6/28/21
to drmemor...@googlegroups.com
Dr. Memory uses dbghelp.dll -- did you try setting _NT_SYMBOL_PATH to point to the directories with the pdb files?

--

---