Detecting a memory leak in .dll file.

bhuvan bharath

Jun 23, 2022, 5:49:17 AM6/23/22
to Dr. Memory Users
Hi,

I have been trying to detect a memory leak in my .dll file using Dr. memory but I am always getting errors, if I directly provide the .dll file in the terminal command.

Please let me know how to use Dr. Memory to detect memory leaks in a .dll file

FYR: It is a C++ .dll file built with visual studio.

Thanks!

Derek Bruening

Jun 23, 2022, 1:05:52 PM6/23/22
to drmemor...@googlegroups.com
It would help if you provided the precise error messages and the command line used.  Dr. Memory operates on the live execution of an application, so you can't just point it at a DLL and expect it to statically analyze it or something: you have to run an application that loads the DLL and exercises code inside the DLL.

--

---