ERROR: Failed to find "main" for limiting memory dump

Mike Barry

Oct 6, 2021, 8:35:54 AM10/6/21
to Dr. Memory Users
Hi,

When I run Dr. Memory on my program I get a popup that says
ERROR: Failed to find "main" for limiting memory dump

I get an incomplete report with no line numbers for errors except the first one, replace malloc.

My setup.
Visual Studio 2019
Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
OS Build 19043.1237
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
64 bit

Thanks
-Mike

Mike Barry

Oct 6, 2021, 12:09:36 PM10/6/21
to Dr. Memory Users
I attached the logs.

-Mike

suppress.txt
missing_symbols.txt
results.txt
global.880.log
potential_errors.txt

Derek Bruening

Oct 6, 2021, 8:19:12 PM10/6/21
to drmemor...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you did not build your application with debug information.  Please see https://drmemory.org/page_prep.html#sec_prep_windows

--

---

Mike Barry

Oct 7, 2021, 12:39:59 AM10/7/21
to Dr. Memory Users
Sorry I made that mistake again its because I switched projects and forgot to include the debug flags.

Thanks
-Mike