computer at MIT - @party 2014

val / metoikos

May 28, 2014, 2:53:33 PM5/28/14
to dorkbo...@googlegroups.com
Just two weeks until @party 2014.

We've got a some really cool stuff coming your way, from a new competition on a volumetric display, to our revised ANSI/ASCII/XBIN category, and our more traditional demo, graphics and music offerings.

Our presenters are:
  • Sean Kean, Voxon – the Voxiebox, a new volumetric display
  • Seth Riskin, MIT Museum – holography and spatial imaging
  • Sophia Brueckner, MIT Media Lab – Code That Sings Itself
  • Arlene Ducao, MIT Media Lab – MindRider, an EEG feedback display
  • Britt Snyder, Worcester Polytechnic Institute – New directions for visual art education in college game development programs
  • James Susinno, Boston VR Meetup – RiftRay, an implementation of Shader Toy on the Oculus Rift
  • Keith Bare, Carnegie Mellon Computer Club – The Vectrex and other Vector Displays
There are eleven days left to send in your remote entries if you cannot attend in person, and to register at the I-plan-ahead rate of $20 rather than getting a ticket at the door.

Looking forward to seeing you – or your competition entries – at the party!

Best,
Val Grimm aka Metoikos

p.s. Find out more at atparty-demoscene.net, or register at https://atparty14.eventbrite.com/

val / metoikos

May 28, 2014, 2:54:17 PM5/28/14
to dorkbo...@googlegroups.com
And yeah, that subject line should read "computer ART at MIT" ( :