Seeking videographer (student or pro) to capture footage of video projection without flicker

erik sanner

Jan 20, 2014, 6:47:37 PM1/20/14
to dorkbo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dorkbot Boston
Before posting to Craigslist, thought I'd reach out to you all - I am faced with a technical issue: Right now luckily have an installation piece included as part of the excellent group exhibition COLLSION20 up at the Boston Cyberarts Gallery.  In the piece, video is projected onto reflective mylar.  This is a new projector, and the first time I have used it.  When I attempted to shoot some video footage to document it, rolling scan lines and flickering appeared in all of the cameras I have.  After googling, it appears that there is no good way to repair the footage once taken - the fix is to sync the frame rate of the camera with the frame rate of the projector at the time of shooting, and get a good clean shot without scan line flicker.  I'm looking for a student or a professional who has a prosumer or professional video camera or DSLR which will shoot well in a low-light environment and adjust the frame rate.  I don't know how long the entire job would take (set-up plus frame-rate calibration plus shooting time) but if this sounds like something you or someone you know could do well and inexpensively please put me in touch.  Thanks a lot.
Best,
Erik