teasecraft at Arisia THIS FRIDAY: Fun with Silicone!

K. Stubbs

Jan 13, 2015, 5:45:36 PM1/13/15
to teasecra...@googlegroups.com, dis...@artisansasylum.com, dorkbo...@googlegroups.com
Our next teasecraft-boston meetup will be *at Arisia* on Friday, January 21, at 11:30pm. Our session will feature Dr. Kristen "Kit" Stubbs and Jimmie P. Rodgers presenting "Fun with Silicone!"

Do you have a sex toy that you like but wish it were a slightly different size, shape, or firmness? Perhaps you've got an idea for a brand new toy, or you'd really like a copy of that Special Someone? We'll talk about the basics of casting and moldmaking, including body casting and body-safe materials.

About the presenters:
Jimmie P. Rodgers is a full time hacker, maker, artist, musician, circuitbender, etc. He designs  open source hardware kits, as well as teaches a variety of workshops, and gives talks on topics that interest him. Basically he travels around the world, and then does/makes/teaches anything he has interest in. You can generally catch him at Artisan's Asylum, which is a 40,000 sq ft artist/hacker/maker collective in Somerville, MA.

Dr. Kristen "Kit" Stubbs is a queer/pansexual/genderqueer roboticist who's more interested in people than in technology. Kit earned their Ph.D. in Robotics from Carnegie Mellon University in 2008. Their light-up dildo prototype "The Hammer" was awarded a Golden Kleene at Arse Elektronika 2012 and has been named the #1 Geekiest Sex Toy by Cracked.com. Kit blogs about technological empowerment for sexuality and pleasure, including their own experiences and creations, at toymakerproject.com. Kit is currently launching their first startup, a nonprofit whose mission is to reduce sexual shame by fostering sex-positive artists, activists, educators, and entrepreneurs.

About teasecraft-boston:
teasecraft is a meetup group for folks interested in making their own sex toys / BDSM equipment / other kinky and fun things. All people 18+ are welcome, regardless of your (a)sexuality/orientation/gender/race or what materials you work with (electronics, wood, metal, leather, software, etc). We want to facilitate face-to-face conversation because it’s such a great medium for showing off projects, sharing stories, and meeting new collaborators.

Feel free to bring any projects you're working on that you'd like to show off.
Not working on a project right now? No worries! Come out and get inspired.

-- An Arisia membership is required to attend this event: http://www.arisia.org/Registration --

For more news, updates, and conversations, join our email list:
http://groups.google.com/group/teasecraft-boston