Liverpool Makefest 2022

Caroline Keep

Apr 6, 2022, 9:02:03 AM4/6/22
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

So Makefest is all go 2nd July. So Jackie will be coordinating as usual the Does tables with me directly. So please let her know if you wanted to display.

We are packed already!! But if you have any questions let me know direct. Me & Adrian have already spoken briefly about the afterparty at Does or linked events.

I could use bit of Does magic.... Few years ago we encouraged the cosplay community and it was ace, however the stall part wasn't great so we ditched that bit....

But has anyone got links to local cosplay groups be nice to encourage them attend to gain maker skills we already have a big steampunk following but be nice expand.  Also any big robotics or maker projects always keen for.

 Also if you have someone outside the Does Community you think has to showcase... Link them to me here in case I can work some magic with space but the main submission is now closed so it's limited.

Big Love
Caroline Keep

jacki...@hotmail.com

May 24, 2022, 2:48:01 PM5/24/22
to DoES Liverpool
Just a reminder that it's not really that long until Liverpool Makefest on Saturday 2nd July. Hope everyone's looking forward to it and thinking about what they'd like to show! If you want to tell us what you're bringing, and/or you want to help out on the stall or transporting stuff backwards and forwards from the library then take a look at the issue on Somebody Should and add your details to the comments (or just reply here ;-/).

We'll be doing the afterparty here too, and a Maker brunch on the Sunday too, so again we'll need lots of volunteers and ideas!

Defnet Media

May 24, 2022, 6:15:58 PM5/24/22
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
That's a really good point Jackie.

Ignite are doing another Ignite Liverpool Futures session at Makefest- we already have some brilliant speakers for the event but need more - so nudge an activist friend.

No really do pass it on. We have some excellent people getting involved but we want your best contact also.

Neil Morrin - Defnet Media Projects
Mob: 07940584482

Website Hosting mello-hosts.co.uk
Collaborative Media Production www.defnetmedia.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/defnetmedia
Twitter: @defnetmedia

Collaborative Projects
Jelly LIverpool - jellyliverpool.com
Ignite Liverpool - www.igniteliverpool.com

Defnet Media
Address: 1st Floor, 96 Bold Street, Liverpool, L1 4HY