Advice/Help - Livestreaming a wedding

Alex J Lennon

Aug 24, 2021, 6:57:45 AM8/24/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com, Dan Lynch
Hi everybody,

My little brother is getting married at the weekend which is wonderful
news! Unfortunately our mum and dad have both come down with covid and
we can't see how they can be there at the church or the after-show.

Really really sad and unfortunate, but as sick as they are they've had
their jabs and they seem to be getting through it so we must be grateful.

What I would like to try to do is stream the church ceremony to my mum
and dad which at least lets them be some part of the proceedings. (This
is always assuming that the priest is amenable to this idea).

So I am wondering if anybody has advice on how to set this up with
minimal hassle, and/or a good quality video system or something I might
borro, and/or maybe has time to come and help out with this (I am sure I
could find a few bob to say thanks).

Thanks!

Alex

Sean Jarman

Aug 24, 2021, 8:33:14 AM8/24/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
If all else fails use a 4g mobile on a tripod and stream it using Discord.

Sean

Adrian McEwen

Aug 24, 2021, 12:00:17 PM8/24/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com

I've got a wireless mic you can borrow if that helps?  It's just got a 3.5mm jack interface to plug it into whatever else you like.  It's about the size of a box of matches...

Cheers,

Adrian.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/does-liverpool/1648574569.211982.1629808391878%40mail.yahoo.com.

Alex Lennon

Aug 24, 2021, 2:15:28 PM8/24/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com

That sounds really helpful thanks!

Sean Jarman

Aug 24, 2021, 3:23:15 PM8/24/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Also, isn't this what Matt does from his desk?

Karen Scott

Aug 25, 2021, 5:03:01 AM8/25/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex sorry to hear your Mum and Dad won't make the wedding of your little brother.

Many churches are already live streaming reaching parishoners due to pandemic and some for many years before. You said (This
is always assuming that the priest is amenable to this idea) so you may not be aware of these

Alex J Lennon

Aug 25, 2021, 5:34:12 AM8/25/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Karen! I spoke to the priest and he was lovely about it and it's fine to try to do some streaming in this case he says.

I just need to work how to do it with minimal impact on the service and in a reliable way so I am not running about and stressing and upsetting my folks!

Alex J Lennon

Aug 26, 2021, 11:13:03 AM8/26/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com

Thanks again - been pondering a lot and going to keep it minimal to try not to be a distraction. So will just use a phone + gimbal and not worry about mic'ing things up.

But thanks !!!