Help wanted - Making the Comet more mobile

jacki...@hotmail.com

Dec 11, 2023, 6:32:28 PM12/11/23
to DoES Liverpool
Hi

I've been asked if the recycled plastic comet you might have seen at DoES Liverpool can be part of the Peloton Liverpool Family Ride on 22nd December.

Danny from Peloton has provided a cargo bike with a platform on the back (currently in the conservatory downstairs from DoES Liverpool) and this will have to be adapted to hold the coma, with the tails held out at the back. I'm also looking at replacing the comet's LEDs as the current ones aren't waterproof.

If anyone would like to help, we'll be working on this at Maker NIght this Thursday night and on Saturday during the day.

Useful skills would include construction, soldering and fusing soft plastics (I can demonstrate how to do that). I've spoken to a couple of people, but anyone else who can come along would be appreciated - just get in touch and I can give you more details.

Thanks

Jackie