[Dixonary] Round 3275 MEGGLE voting time

Efrem G Mallach

Aug 18, 2022, 3:29:35 PM8/18/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Fellow players,

Following are twelve definitions of MEGGLE: eleven yours, one from a dictionary. They're listed below by character count (which may not correspond to visual length in your email display font), with slight editing to standardize their format. Please vote for two by public reply to this message:

1. A disagreeable woman.

2. To tumble about confusedly.

3. A large, indescribable mixture of various goods.

4. [Scot.] To trudge laboriously through mud or snow.

5. [Scot.] to do a job in an inferior or slapdash manner.

6. To handle roughly or incompetently so as to spoil or crumple.

7. A complex lace knitting stitch, named for Maggie Sefton who invented it.

8. The small part on wired headsets between the connector end and both earpieces.

9. A set of posts driven into the ground and tied to a sapling to provide support.

10. [Scot.] To sneak into an affair or event to which one was not invited; to wangle an invitation.

11. A small vane or sail, used to keep the large sails of a smock windmill always in the direction of the wind.

12. To confuse by mispronouncing  words. The results can be amusing; e.g., malapropisms and spoonerisms. [ex. I tell you from the hart of my bottom that he died of fart hailer when stalking down the wares]

If you realize after seeing the above list that you know what MEGGLE means, please let me know via email to emallach at verizon dot net

The voting deadline is about 47 1/2 hours from now, 8 pm or 2000 hours Irish Standard Time (same as British Summer Time, for those of that persuasion) on Sat., Aug. 20:

Vóta, le do thoil!

Efrem

France International/Mike Shefler

Aug 18, 2022, 3:39:07 PM8/18/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll fall for 1 and 11.

Paul Keating

Aug 18, 2022, 3:59:24 PM8/18/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Randomly, 11 and 6.

Judy Madnick

Aug 18, 2022, 4:29:56 PM8/18/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Such small text! I'll go for "tumble and trudge":

2. To tumble about confusedly.

4. [Scot.] To trudge laboriously through mud or snow.

Judy Madnick

Berger, Deborah

Aug 18, 2022, 4:45:11 PM8/18/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
4 and 6 please

Get Outlook for Android

I got to the end without believing any of them, so 11 and 12, please.

          11. A small vane or sail, used to keep the large sails of a smock windmill always in the direction of the wind.

          12. To confuse by mispronouncing  words. The results can be amusing; e.g., malapropisms and spoonerisms. [ex. I tell you from the hart of my bottom that he died of fart hailer when stalking down the wares]

--  Tim L

Johnb - co.uk

Aug 18, 2022, 5:10:47 PM8/18/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

#4 and #7 please

JohnnyB

4. [Scot.] To trudge laboriously through mud or snow.

Daniel B Widdis

Aug 18, 2022, 6:02:27 PM8/18/22
to Dixonary

#1 describes Ms. Markle.

So does #2, actually.  And #5 and #6 and potentially #10.

I’ll go with 1 and 6 as being the most descriptive of the Duchess.

From: Dixonary <dixo...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Efrem G Mallach <emal...@umassd.edu>
Date: Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 12:29 PM
To: Dixonary <dixo...@googlegroups.com>

Fellow players,

Shani Naylor

Aug 18, 2022, 8:21:06 PM8/18/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Scotch for me, 4 & 5.

--
Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 7.28.32 PM.png

Chowie

Aug 18, 2022, 8:21:58 PM8/18/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1 and 6 please

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

"For the wages of sin is death, but the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ the Lord."