Defs for Wibble … on tap

Collect47

May 31, 2023, 1:35:19 PM5/31/23
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Please vote for two of the following before Friday night at, say, 7 pm EDT … one is real, the rest fake, and the word is not “widdle” for sure!

1. a short, high-pitched trill at the end of a bird song.

2. of a river, to have meandered to such an extent that ox-bow-lakes have formed, and the now relatively straight path of the river is bordered by wibbles — the historic meanders.

3. to splash or agitate (a liquid).

4. a loop or ring of leather, cord, etc. through which the end of a Scout’s neckerchief are threaded.

5. red breed of domestic rabbits.

6. to speak foolishly.

7. an injury to the hind leg of a horse caused by its being struck by the shoe of the other hind foot.

8. a playful, twisting leap made by a rabbit with a 180 degree turn in midair.

9. a destructive or troublesome insect or small animal.

10. to compain lengthily and without justification.

11. a large stiff, usually lace, collar that dominated fashion in the late 16th and 17th centuries, and was a symbol of wealth, prestige, and social status.

Dave (D in P quondam, D in Pque futurus?)

Sent from my iPad

Paul Keating

May 31, 2023, 1:47:26 PM5/31/23
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I vote for the silly unathletic rabbits, 5 and 6.

--
Paul Keating
Soustons, Nouvelle Aquitaine, France

Tim B

May 31, 2023, 1:55:21 PM5/31/23
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
6 and 10, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Judy Madnick

May 31, 2023, 1:57:09 PM5/31/23
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
One by one I eliminated definitions...until there were none left, so I had to start all over again and ended up with these:

6. to speak foolishly
and
10. to compain lengthily and without justification (in spite of the misspelling)

Judy Madnick

Glenn Thomas Davis

May 31, 2023, 2:36:46 PM5/31/23
to Dixonary
I'll take 2, the meandering river, and 11, the stiff lace collar.

Chowie

May 31, 2023, 2:48:33 PM5/31/23
to Dixonary
8 and 4 please

Bending beneath His mercies,
Debbie E.

John Barrs

May 31, 2023, 2:53:03 PM5/31/23
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go for #5 and #11 please

JohnnyB

France International/Mike Shefler

May 31, 2023, 3:07:36 PM5/31/23
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with the rabbits - 5 and 8.

--Mike

Tim Lodge

May 31, 2023, 5:27:47 PM5/31/23
to Dixonary
7 and 8 for want of any better ideas.

             7. an injury to the hind leg of a horse caused by its being struck by the shoe of the other hind foot.

              8. a playful, twisting leap made by a rabbit with a 180 degree turn in midair.

--  Tim L

Efrem Mallach

May 31, 2023, 8:20:22 PM5/31/23
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Vox pop: 6 and 10.

Efrem

On May 31, 2023, at 1:35 PM, Collect47 <coll...@gmail.com> wrote:

Please vote for two of the following before Friday night at, say, 7 pm EDT …  one is real, the rest fake, and the word is not “widdle” for sure!

6. to speak foolishly.

Tony Abell

May 31, 2023, 8:58:16 PM5/31/23
to Collect47

I'll take 1 and 11:

> 1. a short, high-pitched trill at the end of a bird song.

Shani Naylor

Jun 1, 2023, 2:46:29 AM6/1/23
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll avoid the woggle & the binky & vote 1 & 6.

nancygoat

Jun 1, 2023, 5:35:19 PM6/1/23
to Dixonary
I'll take 2 and 4 even though I didn't contribute to this great list.

Nancy