3196 BOONGA - Results

1 view

Johnb - co.uk

Sep 17, 2021, 9:38:28 AMSep 17
to Dixonarians, Paul Keating
Dear people
please find the results for this round 3196 BOONGA Paul K is the winner with 5 unnatural points = Hugo K matched that score but Paul is ahead in the rolling scores so Hugo is the winner and Paul the next dealer

The definition I played is #4 - the offensive reference to Pacific Islanders. Apparently such references are called ethnophaulisms. If the list given by wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs is anything to go by I am surprised that we can actually talk to each other at all
3 people voted for it giving me D3

Anyway, over to Paul

JohnnyB

Submitter

Voted for

Votes From

Votes

Total

1

(Mil. slang) a dirt filled bin for absorbing explosions.

Dan W

6, 9

0

2

A long wavelike ridge of snow, formed by the wind and found on the polar plains.

JudyM

3, 11

Ann D, Tim B

2

3

An Australian Aboriginal stone hatchet.

Paul K

4*, 8

Judy M, Tim B, Efrem M

2*

5*

4

New Zealand offensive; Pacific Islander.

Collins Eng On-Line

Paul K, Hugo Km Tim L

D3

5

A stew of plantain and curried goat.

Tim L

4*, 9

Debbie E, Alan M

2*

4*

6

A cannabis-based drug, similar to hashish, used in certain Voodoo rituals.

Efrem M

3, 12

Shani N, Dan W

2

7

A game of chance played in Indonesia played with counters.

Nancy S

Hugo K, Ann D, Tony A

3

8

Australian slang for farm, esp. in the Northern Territory

Ann D

2, 7

Paul K, Tony A

2

9

A gecko, Gekko gecko, of the Philippines and southeastern Asia; sometimes kept as a pet.

Shani N

6, 13

Mike S, Tim L, Dan W

3

10

[Bengal] highly spiced pickled vegetables; a chutney made from same.

Mike S

9, 12

0

11

An aboriginal throwing stick used with a short wooden spear similar in size and shape to a Roman javelin.

Tim B

2, 3

Judy M

1

12

A music style designed for "Bollywood" (q.v.) movie productions, as a blend of rock and roll and country, but with strong traditional Indian influences.

Hugo K

4*, 7

Mike S, Efrem M, Debbi E

2*

5*

13

A Nigerian slang expression for a scammer.

Debbie E

5,12

Shani N, Alan M

2