Fellow players,Eleven definitions of BOOPS BOOPS follow; fewer than one might wish, but enough for a good round. One is correct. The rest are your creations. They have been edited for format consistency and are in ascending order by character count. That might not correspond to visual length in your email display font. Please vote for two by Reply to this message before the deadline that follows the list (not quite 48 hours from now). If you realize on seeing the definitions that you know what BOOPS BOOPS means, let me know by private email to emal...@verizon.net.
2. Wanton; unchaste.
3. [sl.] Delirium tremens.
4. Classic 1950s jukebox music.
5. Fabric of uneven looped yarn.
6. Errors in transmission of Morse code.
7. A kind of fish that has protruding eyes.
8. A species of sea bream native to the eastern Atlantic.
9. [Austral. sl.] A sexually suggestive gesture or dance movement; prob. from Betty Boop, 1930s American cartoon character.
10. Expressing warning or dismay, esp. at an obvious but usually minor mistake on the part of another [?portmanteau of boob + oops].
11. A gift given to a newborn of Caribbean parents for the child's christening or first birthday, usually made of copper, silver or gold.
Votes are due 9 pm Sunday in North American Eastern Daylight Time. I think that's also (you may want to check):
- 8 pm Sunday in Chicago
- 6 pm Sunday in California
- 1 pm Monday in Wellington
- 3 am Monday in Paris and Cape Town
- 2 am Monday in London
and, as one might expect, other times in other places.
New players are welcome to vote, as are old friends who didn't submit a definition. The only requirement is that you not know what BOOPS BOOPS means. Full rules at http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules . Vote on! Efrem