Error in dislin

Fernando Acácio Monteiro dos Santos

Sep 14, 2021, 6:42:17 AM9/14/21
to dislin-users

G'day Helmut,

I tried to compile in 32 bit a program that runs in 64 bit and got the following error:" code model 'medium' not supported in 32 bit mode "

I guess one or more subroutines/functions are using some features not supported by 32 bit but I could not identify which ones are...is it possible to use others (and which ones) ?

Thanks for your help
Cheers

Fernando A. Monteiro Santos
(Please, update my contact with my new email below)
________________________________
IDL- University of Lisbon
Campo Grande Ed. C8, 1749-016 Lisboa
Portugal
New Email: dfams...@yahoo.com

Helmut Michels

Sep 14, 2021, 11:00:13 AM9/14/21
to dislin-users
Hi Fernando,

no, there are no 64-bit features in a Dislin 32-bit library. The error  " code model 'medium' not supported in 32 bit mode " is not created by Dislin.
I think it comes from the operating system. Which operating system and compiler are you using? Is it possible that your program uses any
runtime libraries which have a different memory model (other than small)?

With best regards,

Helmut

Fernando Acácio Monteiro dos Santos

Sep 14, 2021, 3:47:29 PM9/14/21
to dislin-users

Hi Helmut,

thanks for your quick response.

It happens in W7 (64b) and in W10 (64b). I'm using the Simply Fortran (FS) which is an interface for gfortran (I think so).

I succeed compiling and link with another program with less graphics.

Best regards