Installing dislin on Apple Silicon M1

Meshal A

May 18, 2021, 4:44:52 PM5/18/21
to dislin-users
Hello everyone,

I want to install dislin on my M1 machine but I'm not sure if it works (via Rosetta 2) or not, did anyone have any success installing dislin on an M1 macOS?

Meshal A

May 20, 2021, 12:05:31 PM5/20/21
to dislin-users
I figured out how to run DISLIN on M1 finally,

If anyone's wondering:
Install the intel version of OpenMotif & DISLIN
Install xQuartz/X11

and compile/run your program from an intel shell by using shell path:
`/usr/bin/arch -x86_64 /bin/zsh`

Helmut Michels

May 20, 2021, 1:01:06 PM5/20/21
to dislin-users
Hi Meshal,

good to hear. Thank you for the information.

With best regards,

Helmut

Kjell Jorner

Jun 19, 2022, 12:44:14 PM6/19/22
to dislin-users
I recently came across the need for an Apple Silicon distribution of DISLIN. The answer in this thread requires compiling for the x86 architecture under the Rosetta 2 emulator. For wide adaptation in applications that run natively on Apple Silicon, we would need an arm64 distribution of DISLIN. Is that currently planned?

Helmut Michels

Jun 22, 2022, 10:45:41 AM6/22/22
to dislin-users
Hi,

a native Dislin distribution for Apple Silicon M1 is planned, but it needs some months
before it will be available.

With best regards,

Helmut

Kjell Jorner