Setting Up in Visual Studio 2019

Daniel

Feb 1, 2021, 2:19:51 AM2/1/21
to dislin-users

Hello!

Excuse me, could someone help me with a very simple issue? How to set up the Dislin in Visual Studio 2019 in C++?

I tried the following steps question 8 nevertheless the referred library do not exist in the file... and therefore I could not correct follow the steps it is maybe due the different versions 2008 to 2019.  The error shown:  ("error LNK2019"),

Someone could tell me how to set up? I will be very grateful!

Helmut Michels

Feb 1, 2021, 12:01:27 PM2/1/21
to dislin-users
Hi Daniel,

which Dislin distribution for MS Visual C are you using? The 32-bit version of dl_11_vc.zip, or the 64-bit version? There should be
the libraries disvcm.lib in the 32-bit and disvc.lib in the 64-bit distribution, which you can use for linking I think.

With best regards,

Helmut

Daniel

Feb 1, 2021, 2:59:56 PM2/1/21
to dislin-users
Hello!

Thank you so much for the clarification. I found the library discvc.lib. I am using MS Visual C++ 64-bit.
Nevertheless I still having some troubles, a made a pdf describing the steps that I did .Could you take a brief look? It will help a lot.

Best regards,
Daniel

Helmut Michels

Feb 2, 2021, 4:33:10 AM2/2/21
to dislin-users
Hi Daniel,

just replace the library disvc.lib by discpp.lib for using C++ instead of  C. Your project settings are fine.

With best regards,

Helmut

Daniel

Feb 2, 2021, 6:11:24 AM2/2/21
to dislin-users
Unfortunately the error still remain the same. I tried all possible combinations of directories, libraries, environment variables and paths, nevertheless none could made the project run. Do you know someone that uses it in Visual Studio 2019 C++? Maybe there some compatibility with this version.

Best Regards,
Eli C. A.

Helmut Michels

Feb 2, 2021, 6:44:52 AM2/2/21
to dislin-users
Hi Daniel,

I have tested MS Visual Studio 2019 with Dislin this morning for C++. The 32- and 64-bit distributions of Dislin for Visual C++
were working fine with the same project settings as you has used.  Link errors can still happen if you try to create 64-bit applications
with a Dislin 32-bit library, and vice versa. Please, check this.
You can also try to compile and link the Dislin examples from the MS Visual Studio command prompt. For example: cpplink -c exa_cpp

With best regards,

Helmut

Don Dotson

May 8, 2021, 9:48:38 PM5/8/21
to dislin-users
Helmut, I'm using Visual Studio 2019 and having trouble compiling the Fortran version of Exa_f90.f90. Works fine using ifort, but doesn't like VS at all. Have you tried compiling with VS 2019 and if so, how did you set up the project?