Reading BMP without METAFL plot

johannes

Nov 24, 2021, 3:34:47 AM11/24/21
to dislin-users
Dear all,
Like Arkadiusz did it (https://groups.google.com/g/dislin-users/c/4NUJzk3rnsg/m/5Xfn9C0ffWcJ) I want to read out a bmp file pixel by pixel. His procedure works very well, but i don't want to get a result image in the folder of the calling .exe (Intel Visual Fortran).
For example, this sequence is creating a .png file

call METAFL('PNG')
CALL FILMOD ('DELETE')
call DISINI
call INCFIL(cbitmapfile)
call IMGMOD("RGB")
Call IMGINI()
Call RPixel(...,...,...)
Call IMGFIN()
Call DISFIN()

What has to be modified for "no plot" ?
Johannes

Helmut Michels

Nov 24, 2021, 5:45:40 AM11/24/21
to dislin-users
Hi Johannes,

you can use a virtual device as plotfile with the statement CALL METAFL ('VIRT'). An alternative is to load the BMP
file into an array with the routine LDIMG without using any other Dislin routines.

Regards,

Helmut

johannes

Nov 24, 2021, 6:08:13 AM11/24/21
to dislin-users
Thank you Helmut,
this works. My manual is too old. I should buy a new one. ;)
Anyway, I can confirm over and over again: DISLIN is an excellent toolkit.

best regards
Johannes