Sony Zipatoni Flog wins WOM WAR!

Goose

Dec 14, 2006, 11:41:02 AM12/14/06
to Digital Advertising
All publicity is good, apparently! "Busted. Nailed. Snagged. As many of
you have figured out (maybe our speech was a little too funky
fresh???), Peter isn't a real hip-hop maven and this site was actually
developed by Sony. Guess we were trying to be just a little too clever.
>From this point forward, we will just stick to making cool products,
and use this site to give you nothing but the facts on the PSP." -
Sony Computer Entertainment America (official comment)
http://www.alliwantforxmasisapsp.com/blog/

What's so funny? The flames in the blogosphere were actually
anticipated (imho) by Zipatoni and Sony! Remember when
www.leeanddan.com and www.Asabailey.com did their spec VW ad and VW
responded with a PR of intention to sue?

I spoke to Zipatoni execs in October and they were all giddy with
enthusiasm for their latest stealth project. Now we all know what is
was! They could easily have registered the site away from Zipatani but,
I believe, they purposely added a complete WHOIS so they could be found
and contacted. Brilliant! After viewing the "hip-hop I want a PSP
video" I think you will agree it was done with a tongue firmly
planted in cheek.

So many people posted comments on how insulted they were by the fake
LonelyGirl15 and look what happened to her! See
www/adarthurity.blogspot.com for LG15 post last week.

"Brea" now has CAA as a rep and landed a UN paid for anti-poverty spot!
Now her lawyer, Greg, tells me the phone is ringing off the hook!

The good people at 'Z' running the blog even stopped deleting the
negative posts and only after the bandwidth was jammed up and froze the
site did they close the comments section.

This is a serious turning point for fake blogs!

What is your opinion?