Response is a measurable event

nycat

Jul 13, 2005, 3:26:29 PM7/13/05
to Digital-A...@googlegroups.com
Response to advertising is a measurable event in today's digital
advertising climate. The perception based response to color in both
image and text is now beyond dispute.. We have come to realize that the
simple truths that our client's have developed in the laboratories
of real life advertising apply without mecy to name or brand. Orange,
blue and gray are the new Red White and Blue. Pepsi's new delivery
truck-side banner is now blue white and where the red used to be is now
60% orange...with just a hint of red still visible above and below the
orange. Yellow and black are proven to repel, especially in Japan
where these colors are associated with fearful items like hornets.

Does creative execu­tion really impacts branding? Advertisements that
per­form best tend to reveal the brand early on according to our
findings. Similarly, lighter backgrounds, high contrast, and dynamic
messages improve branding and click through response. Adding a phone
number enables your auditorially preferenced visitors to pickup the
phone and interact with the ears and voices. Another study con­cludes
that using as few words as possible improves results. The use of brand
logos and the use of human faces improves digital advertising results
too. ref: The impact of content and design elements on banner
advertising click-through rates
Edmund K. Hershberger, Ritu Lohtia and Naveen Donthu, Journal of
Advertising Research, Vol. 43, No. 4

The ultimate goal of advertising is sales, am I right or am I wrong?
David Ogilvy once said: 'I do not regard advertising as entertainment
or an art form, but as a medium of information. When I write an
advertisement, I don't want you to tell me that you find it "creative".
I want you to find it so interesting that you buy the product' (Ogilvy,
1983).