401- for reading all EOB records from v2 server

kushal gupta

Aug 7, 2022, 1:46:41 PM8/7/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
I am trying to fetch the EOBs from v2 server but getting 401 since morning. The timestamp at which i faced the issue is 7/Aug/22 5:42 pm UTC.

Prior to hitting the BB url. I generated the auth_token multiple times with auth_code and refresh_token as well.

Curl command that I have used:

curl --location --request GET 'https://sandbox.bluebutton.cms.gov/v2/fhir/ExplanationOfBenefit/' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer <some_value>'

PS - I tried hitting the same url on Friday last week and it was working fine that time.

kushal gupta

Aug 7, 2022, 1:53:21 PM8/7/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Adding the response below.

{
    "detail": "Authentication credentials were not provided."

Kirsten Hansen

Aug 8, 2022, 11:30:27 AM8/8/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hello Kushal,

The BB2 engineering team is taking a look at your post.  They need the name of your app to be able to investigate logs.  Please provide your app name and I can pass it along to them.

Thank you,
Kirsten Hansen
BB2 API Product Manager

kushal gupta

Aug 9, 2022, 12:16:01 AM8/9/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hi Kirsten,

Project name is Gardenia.

Thanks,
Kushal G

Kirsten Hansen

Aug 9, 2022, 12:00:02 PM8/9/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hello Kushal,

Thank you for the app name.  The BB2 engineers took a look at their logs and have the following recommendation:

"We checked the access tokens generated by Gardenia on 08/08, there are 6 of them and they are all associated to the user "shivani...@deloitte.com" (the DEV user), instead of a synthetic bene user.  This is probably the reason you got 401: Authentication credentials were not provided - since the user shivani...@deloitte.com does not own any FHIR data.

Things to try:
1. Make sure you are not logged in the account: shivani...@deloitte.com
2. Then go through the authorization process with a synthetic bene login and grant access steps as per developer documents
3. After obtaining the access token, use it in the CURL command

You should then be able to see the EOBs of the synthetic beneficiary."

Please let us know if you continue to have any problems.

Sincerely,
Kirsten Hansen
BB2 API Product Manager

Gupta, Kushal

Aug 23, 2022, 1:41:56 PM8/23/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for your reply. The flow is working now.

But can we get the access of bluebutton resources for shivani...@deloitte.com user?

If yes, what is the process to get it?

Regards,
Kushal Gupta

Kirsten Hansen

Aug 24, 2022, 10:52:14 AM8/24/22
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hello Kushal,

Would you be more specific in what kind of access you are requesting for shivani...@deloitte.com?  If you mean access to the Blue Button sandbox, the user can create an account.

Sincerely,
Kirsten Hansen
Blue Button API Product Manager

Liam McGoldrick

Feb 16, 2024, 12:02:02 PMFeb 16
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
All,

I ran into a similar issue but found the cause was not the same.

If you see 'Authentication credentials were not provided.' and you are not being redirected to the login but rather directly to the approval screen for auth, try clearing cache in browser so that it again prompts for login info.

I ran into this multiple times and was stuck but found that the issue described above was occurring despite using the dummy logins.