Updates to Blue Button 2.0 API: service date bug fix, improved app listing page, additions to our terms of service

Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

Jan 4, 2023, 1:28:14 PM1/4/23
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

Hello Blue Button 2.0 Community,

We recently released some updates to functionality and documentation for the Blue Button 2.0 API (BB2.0).

Service date bug fix

Previously, the service-date parameter was not filtering claims as intended - it was returning all claims regardless of the service date set. We have fixed this so that it works as intended. If the parameter is set, BB2.0 will return only claims within the range specified. See our Swagger documentation under "v2" > "/v2/fhir/ExplanationOfBenefit/" for details on usage.

Improved app listing page

Medicare.gov provides a listing of all approved apps that integrate with BB2.0. Previously the page showed only five apps at a time with a "show more" button to reveal another five at a time. Now the page shows 10 per page with pagination at the bottom. Also the team resolved some accessibility issues on the page.

Updates to BB2.0 terms of service

We have updated the BB2.0 terms of service to indicate that usage of BB2.0 also implies accepting the Medicare.gov terms of service.

Let us know your thoughts

As always, let us know how this or other parts of BB2.0 are working for you and how we can improve them. Reply here or email us at BlueButtonAPI @cms.hhs.gov.