Question regarding PDE's

Erick Costigan

Aug 17, 2023, 1:44:04 PM8/17/23
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
Hi Blue Button community,

Just starting to dig into the sandbox data and noticed that none of the PDE's had
productOrService.coding[0].display

According to the test application at https://github.com/CMSgov/bluebutton-sample-client-python-react/blob/main/client/src/components/records.tsx line 46 we should be able to see the drug names under this field. Is this something that is removed from sandbox data but present in production?

I was also looking at the NDC code.  I was able to get the NDC code out of productOrService but was unable to map it back to a specific drug in the FDA database.

I was following the format outlined here: https://health.maryland.gov/phpa/OIDEOR/IMMUN/Shared Documents/Handout 3 - NDC conversion to 11 digits.pdf

but was unable to get any of the sandbox codes to work.  NDC codes from other services and sources did work though.  Are these codes randomized or something similar in the sandbox data?

Thanks in advance,
Erick

Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API

Sep 29, 2023, 6:29:30 PM9/29/23
to Developer Group for CMS Blue Button API
A response was previously sent to Erick via email, but we are posting the response here as well for the community to read:

Much of the synthetic data available in the sandbox environment may not have real NDC codes. However, we just updated the first 10,000 test users.  We suggest using BBUser00000 through BBUser09999 for your testing as they are the closest to production data.  These users should have accurate NDC but it isn’t guaranteed.

The Blue Button 2.0 API Team