IMPORTANT: Repeal Public Act 4 Organizing Call at 8:00 P.M. PETITION DELIVERY

1 view

Ken Whittaker

Feb 11, 2012, 8:05:27 PM2/11/12
to Detroit IQ

This weeks call is very important. On February 29 at 1PM , we will deliver our petitions to the Secretary of State to begin the process of placing Public Act 4 on the ballot. This makes our next few weeks crucial. This call we will discuss a petition flushing strategy for Southeast Michigan. Flint, Grand Rapids and other communities are invited to share input as well.

February 28 there is a possibility Rev. Al Sharpton will broadcast his MSNBC show Politics Nation from Detroit. At that time there will be a rally at AFSCME Council 25 in Detroit. AFSCME is coordinating MSNBC covering the rally. At this rally we are asking all who can join us, to join us on that day.

This moves our timeline up a day. All petitions are due in February 28 at 5PM. We will be packaging petitions and checking them twice that night as we get ready to drive them to Lansing.

If you have an questions, please email me. Talk to you Monday at 8PM!

Call-In Information
Phone: 218-844-8230
Passcode: 946530#

Agenda Items

Petition Count Update
Petition Flushing
Petitions Due Feb 28
Petition Events
Detroit Prayer Breakfast
AFSCME Rally & MSNBC Broadcast Feb 28
February 29 Petition Drop-Off 1PM
Logistics
Mobilization

Brandon A. Jessup
Chairman & CEO
Michigan Forward

Michigan Forward is a Michigan non-profit organization specializing in creating progressive public policy initiatives for state and local governments.

Visit us on the web at: http://www.michiganforward.org
Twitter: miforward
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/michiganforward