REMINDER: Repeal Public Act 4 Organizing Call at 8:00 P.M. PETITION DELIVERY

The Detroit IQ Team

Feb 13, 2012, 6:41:45 PM2/13/12
to Detroit IQ

JUST A REMINDER FOR TONIGHT’S CALL SEE YOU GUYS AT 8PM

Friends,

This weeks call is very important. On February 29 at 1PM , we will deliver our petitions to the Secretary of State to begin the process of placing Public Act 4 on the ballot. This makes our next few weeks crucial. This call we will discuss a petition flushing strategy for Southeast Michigan. Flint, Grand Rapids and other communities are invited to share input as well.

February 28 there is a possibility Rev. Al Sharpton will broadcast his MSNBC show Politics Nation from Detroit. At that time there will be a rally at AFSCME Council 25 in Detroit. AFSCME is coordinating MSNBC covering the rally. At this rally we are asking all who can join us, to join us on that day.

This moves our timeline up a day. All petitions are due in February 28 at 5PM. We will be packaging petitions and checking them twice that night as we get ready to drive them to Lansing.

If you have an questions, please email me. Talk to you Monday at 8PM!

Call-In Information

Phone: 218-844-8230

Passcode: 946530#

Agenda Items

  • Petition Count Update
    • Petition Flushing
    • Petitions Due Feb 28
  • Petition Events
    • Detroit Prayer Breakfast
    • AFSCME Rally & MSNBC Broadcast Feb 28
  • February 29 Petition Drop-Off 1PM
    • Logistics
    • Mobilization

Brandon A. Jessup

Chairman & CEO

Michigan Forward

Michigan Forward is a Michigan non-profit organization specializing in creating progressive public policy initiatives for state and local governments.

Visit us on the web at: http://www.michiganforward.org

Twitter: miforward

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/michiganforward

Ken Whittaker

Feb 25, 2012, 12:17:11 AM2/25/12
to Detroit IQ

-Ken Whittaker

{Sent from the magical invisible keyboard of my touchscreen phone. Please forgive any spelling or grammar errors. Autocorrect has a cruel sense of humor.}

---------- Forwarded message ---------Happy Friday All:

A lot has happened in the last full week before we turn in our petitions to put Michigan’s EM law on the ballot. Highland Park School District and Gov. Snyder’s failure to comply with Judge Collette’s ruling and Michigan’s Open Meetings Act is another example of this administration’s disrespect of Democracy. Attached is a copy of HR 4445, which dissolves the current Highland Park School District and provides vouchers for a new district, one without a elected school board. This is another half hearted response to a crisis the Snyder Administration as created.

Here’s a link to the Stand Up for Democracy campaign’s response: http://michiganforward.org/index.php/2012/02/highland-park-school-situation-created-by-officials-who-stole-800-million-from-education/

REPRESENT YOUR ORGANIZATION OR COMMUNITY FEB 29

You and many others in your community have collected petitions to repeal PA4. In Lansing we will hand deliver approx 50 boxes to the Secretary of State. The campaign wants to mark this historic moment by letting our friends carry a box of petitions from our delivery truck to the Michigan SOS office (Wisconsin style). Please email me if you are interested in participating in the landmark effort.

DETROIT: MORE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR VERIFICATION SATURDAY – MONDAY

This weekend volunteers will be verifying petitions around the clock boxing petitions and verifying petitions in our system. Below are office hours for verification, please forward.

Saturday: 9am – 3pm

Sunday: Noon – 7pm

Monday: 9am – 6pm

Call-In Information