PETITION DELIVERY Organizing Call Today at 6PM

Ken Whittaker

Feb 27, 2012, 4:46:50 PM2/27/12
to Detroit IQ

REMINDER FOR TONIGHT’S CALL AT 6PM. A COPY OF SNYDER’S “FIX” FOR THE HIGHLAND PARK SITUATION IS ATTACHED.

A lot has happened in the last full week before we turn in our petitions to put Michigan’s EM law on the ballot. Highland Park School District and Gov. Snyder’s failure to comply with Judge Collette’s ruling and Michigan’s Open Meetings Act is another example of this administration’s disrespect of Democracy. Attached is a copy of HR 4445, which dissolves the current Highland Park School District and provides vouchers for a new district, one without a elected school board. This is another half hearted response to a crisis the Snyder Administration as created.

Here’s a link to the Stand Up for Democracy campaign’s response: http://michiganforward.org/index.php/2012/02/highland-park-school-situation-created-by-officials-who-stole-800-million-from-education/

REPRESENT YOUR ORGANIZATION OR COMMUNITY FEB 29

You and many others in your community have collected petitions to repeal PA4. In Lansing we will hand deliver approx 50 boxes to the Secretary of State. The campaign wants to mark this historic moment by letting our friends carry a box of petitions from our delivery truck to the Michigan SOS office (Wisconsin style). Please email me if you are interested in participating in the landmark effort.

DETROIT: MORE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR VERIFICATION SATURDAY – MONDAY

This weekend volunteers will be verifying petitions around the clock boxing petitions and verifying petitions in our system. Below are office hours for verification, please forward.

Saturday: 9am – 3pm

Sunday: Noon – 7pm

Monday: 9am – 6pm

Call-In Information

Phone: 218-844-8230

Passcode: 946530#

Agenda Items

  • Petition Update
  • Policy Update
    • HR 4445
  • Petition Events
    • AFSCME Rally Feb 28
  • February 29 Petition Drop-Off
    • Logistics Update
    • Mobilization Update
  • Post-Petition
    • Certification

Brandon A. Jessup

Chairman & CEO

Michigan Forward

Michigan Forward is a Michigan non-profit organization specializing in creating progressive public policy initiatives for state and local governments.

Visit us on the web at: http://www.michiganforward.org

Twitter: miforward

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/michiganforward

HB4445-MS-2.pdf