We're going for it and need you on Saturday!

Shanay Watson-Whittaker

Feb 4, 2014, 3:34:23 PM2/4/14
to detr...@googlegroups.com
Friends:

It's official: we're launching a petition drive to put a minimum wage raise on the November ballot.

The current minimum wage of $7.40 an hour is leaving families in poverty. That’s not right– a honest day’s work should mean a fair day’s pay. Meanwhile, big corporations that take advantage of low-wage workers are making record profits.

We can make sure that hard work in Michigan earns fair pay by raising the minimum wage. Not only that: we will raise it to one of the highest levels in the country and also make sure it includes tipped workers. But to pull this off, we need your help immediately.

Between the end of February and May 23rd we will need to collect 350,000 petition signatures across the state to get on the ballot. But we're asking you to get involved NOW, before we have the petitions in hand.

That's because we need to hit the ground running in 3 weeks and the only way to do that is by building a volunteer army before we have the petition in hand. We need your help with phone banking, volunteer recruitment, data and running the office starting immediately.

Click here to volunteer and join us for volunteer orientation THIS Saturday

When:

10AM on Saturday, February 8th

Where:

Communication Workers of America Local 4100

2441 W. Grand Blvd

Detroit

Forward,

Bartosz Kumor