George Lindsay

Ed Carlson

Oct 27, 2010, 4:01:29 PM10/27/10
to Descendants of Anthony LINDSAY of London to Maryland Colony
Hello all,
I am researching a book on George Lindsay and I am wondering if he
could be part of your family.

George was born in 1916 in Virginia
Attended the Pennington School, the Nat'l Academy of Design and the
Art Student's League in NY.
Member of the Chicago Board of Trade in 1940
In WWII went to LA to study aircraft engineering at USC, worked at
McDonnell Douglas 1942-1945
Wrote "An Aid to Thinking" in 1950 and "The Other History" in 1969
Made his reputation as a stock market analyst in NY

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ed

Ned Lindsay

Oct 27, 2010, 4:33:40 PM10/27/10
to descendants-of-anthony-lindsa...@googlegroups.com
Not our immediate family as our line comes down through Springfield Illinois for the generation you mention and the one before. Before that they were in the Frankfort, Kentucky area. Could be a cousin but I wouldn't know what the connection would be. Good luck and would be interested in what you might find.

Ed Carlson

Oct 27, 2010, 4:36:44 PM10/27/10
to descendants-of-anthony-lindsa...@googlegroups.com
thanks Ned
--
Ed Carlson, C.M.T.
425-503-9054

SeattleTechnicalAdvisors.com

C. Smith

Oct 27, 2010, 11:22:37 PM10/27/10
to descendants-of-anthony-lindsa...@googlegroups.com
Do you have this George's parents?  CJS

Pb

Ed Carlson

Oct 28, 2010, 9:59:47 AM10/28/10
to descendants-of-anthony-lindsa...@googlegroups.com
I do not

Ed Carlson

Oct 28, 2010, 9:59:55 AM10/28/10
to descendants-of-anthony-lindsa...@googlegroups.com
thanks Pat

Murel Chappell

Oct 30, 2010, 10:31:03 PM10/30/10
to descendants-of-anthony-lindsa...@googlegroups.com
Ed-I can't find any connection, at least in the last few generations.  It looks to me as if this George Lindsay's line was in Virginia back to the early 1800s and our Lindsay were in Kentucky by then.  Your George's father was George Lindsay and I believe his father was Robert Lindsay.  If you want, I will look further for you.

Carol Chappell

Oct 31, 2010, 2:31:58 PM10/31/10
to descendants-of-anthony-lindsa...@googlegroups.com
Ed-I used Ancestry, Rootsweb and Family Search to see what I could find.  If your George Lindsay was born about 1915 in Warm Springs, Bath County, VA which I think probably is the case, then here is the line that I could find:

George Lindsay, son of George Robert Gay Lindsay born 1-1-1880 in Virginia and Bessie O. Lindsay;  George Robert Gay Lindsay was the son of Robert Dunlap McCurther Lindsay born Pocahontas, Tazewell County, VA in 1840 and his wife Cynthia Ann Burna;  Robert Dunlap McCurther Lindsay was the son of Jeremiah Lindsay who was born in 1803 in Albermarle County, VA and his wife Martha Carpenter;  Jeremiah Lindsay was the son of Larkin Lindsay born 1775 in Orange County, VA and his wife Sarah Briant; Larkin Lindsay was the son of James Lindsay born 1745 in Caroline County, VA and his wife Elizabeth James;  James Lindsay was the son of Joshua Lindsay born 1698 in Virginia and his wife Mary Polly Nichols;  Joshua Lindsay was the son of Caleb Lindsay born 1674 in Essex County, VA and his wife Claire Daniels;  Caleb Lindsay was the son of James Lindsay who was born in 1623 in Annatland, Scotland;  James Lindsay was the son of Jerome Lindsay born 1565 in Annatland, Scotland and his wife Margaret Colville;  Jerome Lindsay was the son of David Lindsay who was born in 1532 in Haltoun, Scotland and his wife Joneta Ramsey;  David Lindsay was the son of Alexander Lindsay who was born in 1505 in Edzell, Angus, Scotland and his wife Rachel Barclay.  That is as far back as folks have done research that I could see.  Probably could go further if necessary.  I did not see a middle name for your George but the censuses could probably give you that.  I didn't see a direct connection to my (Anthony) Lindsays but from what I have heard several brothers came to the area with Lord Baltimore's expedition so this could be another branch of the same family group.

Hope this helps,

Carol Chappell

Sent: Sat, October 30, 2010 9:41:29 PM

Ed Carlson