Dee Henderson - New and Upcoming Titles

Dee Henderson

Nov 12, 2017, 4:56:59 PM11/12/17
to Dee Henderson Newsletter

Dear Readers,

I’m pleased to say there are three new titles coming your way. I’m releasing my first non-fiction book, I’m bringing you a story about combat medic Connie August, and I’m publishing a short-story so I can share a particularly good idea I had last fall.

I love weaving together mystery, romance, scripture, and people’s lives with God. That’s been the typical story mix, in various degrees, for all my books. For many years I’ve been thinking about Connie August. She’s a combat medic. Her story, however, never really fit in with the military books I was writing, nor with the romantic suspense. She doesn’t have a romance story to share with readers about a guy. Connie’s story is about a romance with God — she is passionately in love with him. And she’s seen things on the battlefield similar to the miracles in scripture. So her story required something different of me. An Unfinished Death is not a romantic suspense. Ryan and Connie are already dating other people. This story also contains more scripture and conversations about scripture than most stories I have written. I wanted to present Connie August in an authentic way, true to who she is.

Healing doesn’t come to us by our works. Healing is by grace alone. It is a gift from Jesus. That statement likely resonated with you in one of four ways, as: true, false, incomplete, or as something you’ve not heard before. For that reason, for the first time in my career, I’m releasing a non-fiction work along with a story. Healing Is By Grace Alone is a look at what the bible says about healing at a depth you may never have heard before. I encourage you to share Healing is by Grace Alone with friends and family who prefer non-fiction. For those who love a good story, the novel An Unfinished Death, presents the same subject matter in action.

A special note for my long time readers: Many of you have asked to learn the rest of Jennifer’s husband Tom’s story from the O’Malley Series. I’ve always known his story, but I’ve never had a place to tell it before. So in a very brief but poignant moment in An Unfinished Death (lasting only a couple pages), I’m also presenting the rest of Tom’s story in his own words.

HEALING IS BY GRACE ALONE     Kindle ebook       paperback

Do you want to be well? Do you know someone who needs healed? What does God say about the topic? Those are common needs and questions Christians bring to God. Jesus healed everyone who came to him of every disease. So a good place to start looking for answers is right there, with Jesus. This non-fiction book explores the topic in depth. You can read the introduction on the website www.deehenderson.com. If you read An Unfinished Death, you will learn the same material as presented in this non-fiction title. An Unfinished Death is a story of these scriptures in action.

NEW   AN UNFINISHED DEATH             Kindle ebook       paperback

Connie August, a Christian combat medic, one who had experienced healings and miracles on the battlefield similar to those in scripture, wasn’t looking to make waves back home now that she was retired from the service. She opened Connie’s Pizza and settled into her chosen community, wanting to be herself, content to lead a small group of paramedics, doctors, nurses and chaplains who were studying the scriptures and sharing their experiences from across the Chicago area. Ryan Cooper, CEO of a religious-affiliated private hospital, had seen too many of Chicago’s children die from gun violence, young mothers die from cancer, and random illness take both the young and old. He wanted the vibrancy of God’s healing to be a predictable experience again. A friend introduced them at a party. He wanted to understand what she’d experienced. She wanted him to give a chaplain friend a job when he retired from the service. They struck a deal that would change both their lives and soon begin to reverberate across Chicago. This is Ryan’s story, Connie’s, but mostly it’s God’s story, a God who is still amazing in his goodness. Reader alert: this is not a romantic suspense, as most of my other fiction titles are. Ryan and Connie are already dating other people. This story also contains more scripture and conversations about scripture than most stories I have written. Next to Unspoken, this is my personal favorite book.

BETRAYED (novella)                               COMING FALL 2018

This collection of short stories, The Cost of Betrayal, will let you sample 3 authors and see if you like how we write. The story I contributed is titled Betrayed. It’s an Ann and Paul Falcon story, I introduce you to Janelle Roberts, and a really good guy, Greg Tate. Here’s the back cover copy for my short story: She had been jailed for a murder she did not commit, later freed by the actions of people she had just met, leaving a murderer still at large. Janelle Roberts needed somewhere safe to rebuild her life…and maybe she’s found it with Greg Tate and the professional help he offered, the island home he arranged for her, and the peace he knew through Jesus.

Thanks for your time today. I hope you have a great holiday season,

Dee

www.deehenderson.com