DSNC April Meeting

Zachary Yaro

Mar 30, 2024, 2:42:09 PMMar 30
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
We didn't end up having an in-person meeting this month, but since Monday nights seemed to work best for folks in February, would this coming Monday, April 1st, at 6:00 PM like before, work for everyone?  I can both reserve the library meeting room and set up a video call option if anyone needs.  Now that we have more information than in February, it will be good to meet up and plan our next steps from here.

Have a good weekend,
Zachary Yaro

Zachary Yaro

Apr 1, 2024, 8:02:04 AMApr 1
to Beth Kevles, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Given the lack of response, I am thinking that was too short notice, but perhaps we can try for the end of the month instead—Monday, April 29th, at the same time slot?

On Sun, Mar 31, 2024, 17:58 Beth Kevles <bethk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can be there from 6-7pm on Monday. (Hard stop at 7pm so I can race home to run a Zoom meeting myself.)

West Branch library, I assume? Where's the meeting room?

Thanks,
--Beth Kevles
  Hancock St.

Zachary Yaro

Beth Kevles

Rand Wilson

Apr 2, 2024, 2:10:48 PMApr 2
to Zachary Yaro, Beth Kevles, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
I could do 6:10 pm tonight or on April 29.
Rand Wilson

Beth Kevles

Apr 2, 2024, 2:10:51 PMApr 2
to Rand Wilson, Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
I can do April 29. Tonight got out of hand.

--Beth

Zachary Yaro

Apr 2, 2024, 2:14:35 PMApr 2
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Oops, just realized some replies got held up in the “pending” section for some reason.  Just to confirm:
🗓 Monday, April 29th
🕕 6:00 PM
📍 Somerville Library West Branch meeting room (IIRC, it is down the stairs to the left as you come in)

Zachary Yaro

Apr 26, 2024, 4:53:58 PMApr 26
to Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Reminder our next meeting is this coming Monday!
🗓️ Monday, April 29th
🕕 6:00 PM
📍 Somerville Library West Branch meeting room

Here is an agenda/notes doc with items folks have asked be discussed¹.  Feel free to reply here or in the doc if you see something else that should be there!

Anyone in the Davis Square area is welcome to attend, so feel free to bring friends, roommates, or anyone else you think would be interested.  If you have time, consider also printing and putting up flyers².  For the DSNC to be effective, it needs voices that represent the diversity of people in the Davis Square neighborhood.

Have a good weekend, and see you Monday,
Zachary Yaro

Lance Davis

Apr 29, 2024, 4:40:32 PMApr 29
to Zachary Yaro, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Hi Folks. I'm so happy that this effort is getting off the ground. Just want to reiterate my support and repeat the offer to help in whatever way I can. These groups only work properly when they truly come from the community so I'm also happy to stay out of the way to whatever extent you all prefer.

That all said, I’m not feeling well at the moment so I won’t make it to the meeting tonight. But please let me know if any questions come out of it or if I can help in any way. Thanks!

Best,
Lance

Lance Davis (Ward 6)
He/Him/His
_______________________________
Legislative Matters (Chair)
School Buildings Facilities and Maintenance (Chair)
Land Use (Vice Chair)
Public Health and Public Safety (Vice Chair)
Rules (Vice Chair)
High School Building Committee
Civilian Oversight Task Force
Public Safety for All Task Force

Zachary Yaro

Apr 29, 2024, 10:31:56 PMApr 29
to Lance Davis, Davis Square Neighborhood Council
Councilor Davis,

We took notes on the linked Google Doc.  We would be glad to have you and anyone else from the city council involved!

One question out of the meeting you may be able to help us with: is it possible to get DSNC meetings mentioned in Somerville city emails, on their website, or on their social media?

Best regards,
Zachary Yaro