Important Message from Chuck

Chuck Shepherd

May 1, 2009, 2:14:48 PM5/1/09
to Daily...@googlegroups.com
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with a heavy heart, as they say, that I announce that I have to pull out of the "Daily" business.
Now, many of my readers probably never realized I was in the "Daily" business, but a couple thousand of you have been following me around for parts of eight years in my various "Daily" (aka "blog") versions, and I regret to be disappointing you.

News of the Weird continues, though, in two forms: (1) the weekly column, which I've done for the past, er, 1,109 consecutive weeks, and (2) an additional once-a-week e-mail post (that I'll call News of the Weird/Pro Edition) that I'll start running through Google Groups sometime this month, with links to the best stories I've seen in the past week (along with some personal commentary and high-handed cynicism). (If WeirdUniverse.net remains alive, I'll post Pro Edition there, also.)

In other words, News of the Weird, Good; "Daily," Bad.

What to do to be notified of the debut of Pro Edition: Nothing. I'll send you notice on the DailyWeird group list. (Except for that, the DailyWeird group becomes dormant after today.)

Weird news tips and comments welcome, as usual, but better to use one of these two addresses:
WeirdNews at Earthlink dot net
MinisterChuck at GMail dot com
In no event should you use my old WeirdNewsTips address at Yahoo, for I'm closing that account as of June 1.

Thank you for your support. Remember, News of the Weird, Good; "Daily," Bad.
Cheers,
Chuck Shepherd