Story: Borrowing The Pen

Junaid Tahir

Nov 17, 2021, 12:29:55 AM11/17/21
I was in a meeting in the company's Dubai regional office. My boss asked me to bring a pen for him.  I came out of the meeting room and asked an Emarati (UAE National) colleague working nearby if I could borrow his pen. Since we didn’t know each other, he asked: “Will you return it or not?”
“For sure I will return it”
I took the pen and went back to the meeting room.
After the meeting, I went to his desk but he wasn’t there. I took a page from my laptop and wrote:

"Dear Brother, Many thanks for your trust and for giving me your pen. I am returning this pen to you with a million thanks. Cheers !!!
Junaid "

I placed this page on his desk and his pen along with this page and intended to leave. While I was doing this, he was watching me from a distance whereas I wasn’t aware that he was noticing me.

He rushed to me and asked what I was writing... I showed him the paper. He read it and he was amazed by the way I was returning his pen.
He said, which country are you from? I introduced myself, my country etc....

He was very happy to meet me….

He said, “Being on the desk next to the meeting room so many people come to me to borrow the pen but never return.... you are an amazing person because you kept your words and also you returned my things in a nice way...”

Flash:

1- With small acts of kindness we can win the hearts of people.
2- With small acts of honesty, we promote love and mutual trust in our societies.
3- With small acts of responsibility, we improve the image of our country/religion.

Junaid Tahir
Blogger, Editor, Web Dev Enthusiast
carfixtoday | allgoodschools