New DSpace 8.0 Testathon Dates - Feedback Requested

Chapman, Kimberly A - (kimberlychapman)

Jan 26, 2024, 11:37:44 AMJan 26
to dspacecommuni...@googlegroups.com

Hello DCAT Participants,

I’ve learned from Tim Donohue, DSpace Technical Lead, that the DSpace 8.0 Testathon* needs to be pushed back to March 25-April 5 (three weeks later than originally planned.) This is because the developers have identified major dependency upgrades that need to be included prior to the DSpace 8.0 release.

While Easter holidays now falls within the requested Testathon dates, the Testathon does occur over two weeks so my hope is that folks who were planning to contribute a few hours to testing during that time period will still be able to do so. If we can still have enough people participate during this timeframe, this will ensure that the DSpace 8.0 release happens mid-May before Open Repositories in June.

I’m planning to approve the new Testathon dates; however, I’d like to hear your input first. If you have support for, or concerns about, this new timeframe, please contact me by Wednesday, January 31st, 2024.

Thanks for your input!

Kimberly Chapman
Chair, DSpace Community Advisory Team (DCAT)

*DSpace 8.0 Testathon

What is a testathon? We ask for anyone using DSpace to help us test, report and mend bugs within the latest beta. The Testathon is a community effort to review the program before it is labeled a stable release.

Iryna Kuchma

Jan 26, 2024, 3:05:16 PMJan 26
to DSpaceCommuni...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Kimberly, is there a chance to start in April - e.g. on
April 2 and run it until April 15? Ramadan is also until the 9th of
April and there might be limited engagement in the end of March -
beginning of April.

Have a great weekend!

Sarah Barsness

Jan 26, 2024, 4:09:40 PMJan 26
to DSpaceCommuni...@googlegroups.com
I would second the recommendation to wait a bit if at all possible

Sarah Barsness (she, her, hers)
Digital Records Archivist
Elmer L Andersen Library @ University of Minnesota

Please let me know how I can make our time together more accessible

Chapman, Kimberly A - (kimberlychapman)

Feb 1, 2024, 10:24:52 AMFeb 1
to DSpaceCommuni...@googlegroups.com

Hello DCAT Participants,

Thank you for your feedback about the proposed DSpace 8.0 Testathon dates.

The DSpace 8.0 Testathon will now be held April 1 – April 12.

  • The testathon runs on a Monday-Friday schedule consistent with development schedules.
  • The dates support the release of DSpace 8.0 prior to the Open Repositories conference in June.

More information will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.

If you’re interested in helping us with testathon preparation, please reach out to me as soon as possible.

All best,

Kimberly, DCAT Chair

Chapman, Kimberly A - (kimberlychapman)

Mar 27, 2024, 11:43:29 AMMar 27
to DSpaceCommuni...@googlegroups.com

Hello DCAT Participants,

The DSpace 8.0 Testathon will now be held April 8 – April 19.

  • Feedback from the March DCAT meeting was shared with Tim Donohue.
  • As many “optional” configurations as possible will be enabled for testing purposes.
  • (Some “optional” configurations, like Crossref import, may be limited due to license restrictions.)

Visit the DSpace Release 8.0 Testathon page; more information will be added next week in advance of the testathon start date.

All best,

Kimberly Chapman

DCAT Chair