DSpace Community Participation Opportunities

Chapman, Kimberly A - (kimberlychapman)

Jan 9, 2024, 10:43:45 AMJan 9
to dspace-c...@googlegroups.com, dspacecommuni...@googlegroups.com

Dear DSpace Community,

Are you a repository manager or repository personnel who wants to get more involved in the DSpace community?

We have some opportunities for you!

  1. DCAT DSpace 8 Testathon Preparation Working Group

Description: The DSpace 8 Testathon is scheduled for March 4-15. We’re looking for a small group (2-3 people) to help us update documentation, schedule testathon working sessions, and promote the testathon to the community.

Timeframe: February 1st – March 15th, 2024

Contact: Kimberly Chapman, kimberl...@arizona.edu

  1. DCAT User Experience Working Group

Description: While the DSpace community is great at bug tracking, there are factors of the user experience that may not be a bug but may bug a user 😉. Because migrating to DSpace 7 has inspired many DSpace repositories to transition from highly customized instances (pre-DSpace 7) to primarily out-of-the box DSpace 7 (less technical debt), we think this is a good time to systematically engage users and collect feedback on what their expectations are when using the platform and areas we may suggest to DSpace Leadership for exploration and future development. Some examples of components we may want to test are statistics, search, browse and filter, general navigation, etc. If you are unable to participate but have feedback you are willing to share, let us know!

Timeframe: Spring / Summer 2024 TBD

Contact: Erica Johns, em...@cornell.edu

  1. DCAT Conveners Working Group

Description: Seeking 1-2 people to work with DCAT Chair on DCAT agendas, discussion topics, orientation materials and community engagement in order to expand and sustain DCAT’s contributions to the DSpace community. A possible available role is DCAT Vice Chair, who would be asked to attend DSpace Leadership meetings if the DCAT Chair is unable to attend.

Timeframe: January 2024- October 2024

Contact: Kimberly Chapman, kimberl...@arizona.edu

Please contact us if you’re interested in the above opportunities, and if you have other ways you’d like to get involved in the DSpace Community.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Chapman

DCAT Chair (DCAT = DSpace Community Advisory Team)

Campus Repository Services

University of Arizona Libraries

kimberl...@arizona.edu

520-626-1910

Erica Johns

Jan 12, 2024, 1:13:25 PMJan 12
to dspace-c...@googlegroups.com, dspacecommuni...@googlegroups.com
apologies for cross-posting, I needed to send this email from my gmail account for permission reasons :)

Hi All,

I want to highlight one of the opportunities Kim wrote about earlier this week (below) and ask that you reach out to me ASAP if interested in participating. I would like to schedule a meeting for the last week in January for this working group, and will need enough time to coordinate between people’s busy schedules.

Thanks!

Erica