Fw: [CrisisMappers] Introduction and Data Request - DSSG (Data Science for Social Good fellowship @ University of Chicago)

Chris R Albon

Jul 10, 2013, 11:38:47 AM7/10/13
to DS4-Soc...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,

Cross-posting this since it will be of interest to everyone here.

---
Chris R. Albon, Ph.D.
Director of Data Projects
Ushahidi

s: chrisalbon | t: @chrisalbon | g: chris.albon

May 24, 2018, 5:13:21 AM5/24/18
to Data Science for Social Good

Data science is the study of where information comes from, what it represents and how it can be turned into a valuable resource in the creation of business and IT strategies. Mining large amounts of structured and unstructured data to identify patterns can help an organization rein in costs, increase efficiencies, recognize new market opportunities and increase the organization's competitive advantage.