Decklink and Kona

Tony Quinsee-Jover

Feb 2, 2022, 2:24:04 AM2/2/22
to DS-List@googlegroups. com
Hi Braintrust,

Have any of you folk run both of the above in a workstation? Do they play happily together?

Thanks in advance,
Tone :)

Sent by magic over t'interweb

Bob Maple

Feb 2, 2022, 2:29:43 AM2/2/22
to ds List
On 2/2/2022 12:23 AM, Tony Quinsee-Jover wrote:

> Hi Braintrust,
> Have any of you folk run both of the above in a workstation? Do they play happily together?

Once upon a time I had a Decklink Mini Monitor in the same machine as my
AJA and nothing blew up.

--

| Bob Maple
| Stick it to the NSA - Get my public key at http://burner.com/about/
|
| When love is gone, there's always justice. And when justice is gone,
| there's always force. And when force is gone, there's always Mom.
| Hi, Mom! -Laurie Anderson

Tony Quinsee-Jover

Feb 2, 2022, 3:21:25 AM2/2/22
to ds-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bob.

I figured it might be cool to get stuff in and out of Resolve so’s I can play with it properly.

T :)

Sent by magic over t'interweb

> On 2 Feb 2022, at 07:30, Bob Maple <bob...@burner.com> wrote:
> --
> --
>
> Legacy file uploads can be found here:
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7UT9Nhp99kVZWMwZjdlYjgtYzMwYS00YjVhLTgwYWEtMGU2YTc2YzZmNWM4&hl=en
>
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DS-List" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ds-list/8f65f55a-a6e3-68ce-30d3-339074680fe9%40burner.com.

Dermot Shane

Feb 2, 2022, 6:45:20 AM2/2/22
to ds-...@googlegroups.com
in w7 yes
in w10 no kona driver, so DS in "GL" mode

Legacy file uploads can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7UT9Nhp99kVZWMwZjdlYjgtYzMwYS00YjVhLTgwYWEtMGU2YTc2YzZmNWM4&hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DS-List" group.

Tony Quinsee-Jover

Feb 2, 2022, 7:01:40 AM2/2/22
to ds-...@googlegroups.com
My Kona is working just fine in W10.

Sent by magic over t'interweb

Tony Quinsee-Jover

Feb 2, 2022, 7:10:15 AM2/2/22
to DS-...@googlegroups.com
… which is why I wondered if a Decklink would break that.

On 2 Feb 2022, at 12:02, Tony Quinsee-Jover <to...@hdheaven.co.uk> wrote:

My Kona is working just fine in W10.

glenn sakatch

Feb 2, 2022, 9:23:16 AM2/2/22
to ds-...@googlegroups.com
I ran Ds for years with both...but only on Win 7.

Sean Stall

Feb 2, 2022, 10:00:30 AM2/2/22
to ds-...@googlegroups.com
Win10 here and I ran/run both.  Adobe-based now, no DS.

Sean
---
Sean E. Stall
Owner|Lead Artist
Ironik Design, LLC___
www.ironikdesign.com

Tony Quinsee-Jover

Feb 2, 2022, 10:38:33 AM2/2/22
to ds-...@googlegroups.com

Cool, thanks all :)

Sean - which Decklink did you choose?  I'm a bit boggled by the range.

Cheers,
Tone :)

Sean Stall

Feb 2, 2022, 11:31:05 AM2/2/22
to ds-...@googlegroups.com
Tone, at the time (2018) I went for the Decklink 4K.  I used it for the same as you're thinking, to work with Resolve and view it externally.  I had that and a Kona 3G (Adobe CC) working quite well together.  Each output was plugged into a BM Studio VideoHub and I would just switch outputs depending upon which I was working with.  I pulled the card last year from my current workstation to add Thunderbolt support in a Windows environment.

Sean
---
Sean E. Stall
Owner|Lead Artist
Ironik Design, LLC___
www.ironikdesign.com

Tony Quinsee-Jover

Feb 2, 2022, 1:26:03 PM2/2/22
to ds-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sean, great info.

I ‘think’ I might just have the slots for Decklink and TB, but I’d have to take another look.

Cheers,
Tony

Sent by magic over t'interweb

Igor Riđanović

Feb 10, 2022, 2:49:50 PM2/10/22
to ds-...@googlegroups.com

If you're not ready to commit to Resolve yet I think you could use HDMI out of your graphics card and treat that as a third monitor for Resolve full screen playback. If you don't have HDMI input on your display you can get one of those HDMI to SDI boxes.

Tony Quinsee-Jover

Feb 11, 2022, 12:27:26 AM2/11/22
to ds-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Igor, good thought, thanks 😀