Avid Media Composer & BM Mini Monitor

Declan MacErlane

Jul 26, 2021, 3:32:07 AM7/26/21
to ds-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Blow the dust of the list lol :-)

I have a BM mini monitor coming out of a PC. It works fine in Resolve. But when I open Media Composer 2018.4 I get no hardware option and can not see anything.
Has anyone come across this? Any fixes? I see there was a bug with 2018.5 but the solution to that was to move back to 2018.4 but no luck.
Thanks in advance,
Dec

Bob Maple

Jul 26, 2021, 3:48:16 AM7/26/21
to DS List
On 7/26/2021 1:32 AM, Declan MacErlane wrote:

> I have a BM mini monitor coming out of a PC. It works fine in Resolve. But when I open Media Composer 2018.4 I get no hardware option and can not see anything.
> Has anyone come across this? Any fixes? I see there was a bug with 2018.5 but the solution to that was to move back to 2018.4 but no luck.

Did this work before? If so, did you update the Blackmagic Desktop Video
recently? Perhaps you've outrun the supported plugin version for MC 2018..

--

| Bob Maple
| Stick it to the NSA - Get my public key at http://burner.com/about/
|
| When love is gone, there's always justice. And when justice is gone,
| there's always force. And when force is gone, there's always Mom.
| Hi, Mom! -Laurie Anderson

Declan MacErlane

Jul 26, 2021, 4:33:04 AM7/26/21
to ds-...@googlegroups.com
I’m not sure. It was a couple of years since I used it and that was on a different computer. And it did work then.

This time I’m on a PC laptop going thunderbolt 3 to 2 via a converter, into the BM MIni Monitor and into the monitor.

Avid was a new install today.

Thing is it works on Resolve and Fusion Stand Alone, no problem.

The BM Mini Monitor did an update as soon as I plugged it in… so are you thinking it has updated beyond the Avid version?

Cheers,
Declan
> --
> --
>
> Legacy file uploads can be found here:
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7UT9Nhp99kVZWMwZjdlYjgtYzMwYS00YjVhLTgwYWEtMGU2YTc2YzZmNWM4&hl=en
>
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DS-List" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ds-list/04b24a04-1fa2-ea46-a894-366662633486%40burner.com.

Brian Bearg

Jul 26, 2021, 10:49:38 AM7/26/21
to ds-...@googlegroups.com

This makes me remember the days of Avid’s SCSI drives & hardware. How you had to buy only Avid drives and all. 😊.  Times have changed.

Brian Bearg

Video Editor

Phone:   541.864.1757

Email:   bbe...@lithia.com

From: ds-...@googlegroups.com <ds-...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Declan MacErlane <declanm...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, July 26, 2021 at 1:33 AM
To: ds-...@googlegroups.com <ds-...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Avid Media Composer & BM Mini Monitor

Caution: External Sender

I’m not sure. It was a couple of years since I used it and that was on a different computer. And it did work then.

This time I’m on a PC laptop going thunderbolt 3 to 2 via a converter, into the BM MIni Monitor and into the monitor.

Avid was a new install today.

Thing is it works on Resolve and Fusion Stand Alone, no problem.

The BM Mini Monitor did an update as soon as I plugged it in… so are you thinking it has updated beyond the Avid version?

Cheers,
Declan

> On 26 Jul 2021, at 5:48 pm, Bob Maple <bob...@burner.com> wrote:
>
> On 7/26/2021 1:32 AM, Declan MacErlane wrote:
>
>> I have a BM mini monitor coming out of a PC. It works fine in Resolve. But when I open Media Composer 2018.4 I get no hardware option and can not see anything.
>> Has anyone come across this? Any fixes? I see there was a bug with 2018.5 but the solution to that was to move back to 2018.4 but no luck.
>
> Did this work before? If so, did you update the Blackmagic Desktop Video recently? Perhaps you've outrun the supported plugin version for MC 2018..
>

> --
>
> |  Bob Maple

> |  When love is gone, there's always justice.  And when justice is gone,
> |  there's always force.  And when force is gone, there's always Mom.
> |  Hi, Mom!   -Laurie Anderson
>
> --
> --

> Legacy file uploads can be found here:

> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DS-List" group.

Legacy file uploads can be found here:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DS-List" group.

Bob Maple

Jul 26, 2021, 12:00:25 PM7/26/21
to DS List
On 7/26/2021 2:32 AM, Declan MacErlane wrote:

> Avid was a new install today.

Oh.. then try uninstalling/re-installing Desktop Video, as it probably
didn't install the plugin if Avid wasn't already there.
Message has been deleted