BluRay authoring software suggestions

Jim Fink

May 10, 2022, 11:19:17 AM5/10/22
to DS-...@googlegroups.com
So, I have had it trying to deal with Adobe ENCORE 5.5, an EOL software that has to live on an old Mac without on line access.

There must still be some contemporary Mac 2020+ Capable pro software to build my own multi page menu driven BluRay Discs...

When I search, all I find is consumer instant video to BluRay software options and nothing that seems to be of the stature of DVD Studio Pro or Encore.

What is available to us to continue what one could do in Encore but not attached to an ancient dying machine to work it. Of course, yes, it's an ancient dying format, but alas, it's the archive ready version that my client needs to have on the shelf.

Thanks All.
Jim

--
Jim Fink

New Century Digital Media
(919) 423-4363
j...@ncdm.tv

Bob Maple

May 11, 2022, 2:01:12 AM5/11/22
to DS List
On 5/10/2022 9:18 AM, Jim Fink wrote:

> There must still be some contemporary Mac 2020+ Capable pro software to
> build my own multi page menu driven BluRay Discs...

Toast?
Dunno if it's advanced enough for your needs, but on Mac it's the only
thing that comes to mind.

Everything else I know of is on Windows, and there's not much of a
middle-ground Encore-type offering that I've come across. The cheapest
thing with some features beyond the weird garbage apps you find from
companies you've never heard of is DVDLogic's "Blu-Disc Studio" which
starts at 499 Euros (~$525)

--

| Bob Maple
| Stick it to the NSA - Get my public key at http://burner.com/about/
|
| When love is gone, there's always justice. And when justice is gone,
| there's always force. And when force is gone, there's always Mom.
| Hi, Mom! -Laurie Anderson

Jim Fink

May 12, 2022, 12:55:25 PM5/12/22
to Bob Maple, DS-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bob...

well, unfortunately requires - Modern PC, running Microsoft® Windows™
7/8/10 x64 only -
is PeeCee only...

Toast is not much that I have found for building my own menus from
scratch...
so far at least.

Thanks for the reality check on how fast BluRay disapeared for off the
shelf non streamed HD...