Android Developer Needed

Nicholas

Jan 19, 2008, 2:18:04 PM1/19/08
to DRM, Copyright and Google
Google's development of their mobile phone platform, Android[1],
offers another opportunity to implement an innovative solution to deal
with copyrighted material. Are there any Java developers out there who
would like to help present this solution as part of the Android
challenge[2]?

Mobile phones are much more than phones these days. They take
pictures, play music, video and games and handle all sorts of content.
Wouldn't it be good if this new mobile could work with any content
without restrictive DRM yet still protect the rights of the content
producers and fairly reward their efforts while allowing users to
share and interact with these digital products?

If the Rights Office system[3] was implemented on Android these could
be some of the facilities available:

- Instant access to your library of music, videos, etc.
- Unrestricted sharing of content with other mobile users nearby but
in an environment that encourages respect of copyright and the reward
of creative input.
- Content you enter to the system (maybe a video you take on your
phone) is automatically registered with you as the rights holder in
case a commercial user is interested in it in the future.
- Instant information on where you can get new content and purchasing
options.
- The opportunity to take part in advanced marketing schemes that give
users the content they want and still produce revenue for the authors.
- Users can legally transform digital works to produce vibrant,
dynamic, social interactions.

Think this is all pie-in-the-sky? I think it can be done. Please join
the discussion to find out more.

[1] http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/110507-google-android-mobile-phone-platform.html
[2] http://code.google.com/android/adc.html
[3] http://www.indicare.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=133

tjzha...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2008, 5:16:36 AM1/21/08
to DRM, Copyright and Google
Are you looking for a team to join Android plan?

In my view, the rights management on mobiles phones is easy.
Actually, mobile phones' operation platform is closed. neither Java
nor
Linux is just the devices‘s OS. When you want to use mobile phones
services, you must
sign an agreement with ISP. Mobile phone identification policy force
you to use your real name to
apply this service. All the procedure is under the contrl of ISP. if
you abuse your rights or distribute
illegally, you will be found out. And OMA is a typical example.

I can only see the pic of your paper about Rights Office system. The
text looks like a mess.
(maybe it is sth. wrong with my coding system. and i can not access
your website,
http://www.commonrights.com.would you midn seng me a pdf copy?)

I like your viewpont that every user in DRM could be a content owner.
I am totally agree with it.
Youtube is a famous video website. users could share the short video
made by themselves.
But i like the carackle's idea more. everyone can be a producer and
upload your own film, but
it must be professional.

And I wanna read more about your work. Let's discuss it further.
> [1]http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/110507-google-android-mobile-ph...

Nicholas

Jan 21, 2008, 2:34:22 PM1/21/08
to DRM, Copyright and Google
Hi,

On Jan 21, 11:16 am, "tjzhang...@gmail.com" <tjzhang...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Are you looking for a team to join Android plan?

Well yes, I thought if there was a team creating an innovative media
environment for the future it might attract Google's attention and
even some investment:) especially if it was an open system to go alone
with Andriod's open platform.

> In my view, the rights management on mobiles phones is easy.
> Actually, mobile phones' operation platform is closed. neither Java
> nor
> Linux is just the devices's OS. When you want to use mobile phones
> services, you must
> sign an agreement with ISP. Mobile phone identification policy force
> you to use your real name to
> apply this service. All the procedure is under the contrl of ISP. if
> you abuse your rights or distribute
> illegally, you will be found out. And OMA is a typical example.

I agree that mobile ISPs are in the strongest position to enforce DRM
but I think there is an opportunity here to create an open Rights
Information Management (RIM) system that will work along side
Android's open platform and also work beyond the mobile arena.

> I can only see the pic of your paper about Rights Office system. The
> text looks like a mess.
> (maybe it is sth. wrong with my coding system. and i can not access
> your website,http://www.commonrights.com.wouldyou midn seng me a pdf copy?)

Sorry you could not read the document on the site I will send you a
copy. I have also uploaded a copy to the files section of this group
for any other group members who are interested. Find it here:
http://groups.google.com/group/DRM-Copyright-and-Google/web/Trading+Rights+to+Digital+Content.pdf

> I like your viewpont that every user in DRM could be a content owner.
> I am totally agree with it.

Thanks for your interest and I look forward to any further comments
you might have.