June 4

Gail Benoit

Jun 5, 2018, 5:28:54 PM6/5/18
to dlr...@yahoogroups.com, dl-i...@googlegroups.com

Hello Friends,

Blooming has begun here in Gwynn VA and this lurker has surfaced again. After a few early ones new ones are opening daily. I decreased the number of plants last Fall. I moved and divided the rest ending up with 106 plants. Down from about 1,000 plants in the late 90’s. At 75 years this is all I can handle with some help.

I’ve attached 2 of my Aussie beauties Acacia Bella and Dalraida. Also, Too Many Petals. I’ve waited 5 years for this plant to bloom. It was in a poor spot overpowered by much bigger plants. I had no place else to move it. Now it seems to like its new spot.

Gail

Gail Benoit Gwynn VA

On the Beautiful Chesapeake Bay

Reg 3 Zone 7/8

Acacia Bella 18-06-04 (2) (Copy).JPG
Dalriada 18-06-04 (Copy).JPG
Too Many Petals 18-06-04 (2) (Copy).JPG

Lanny Morry

Jun 5, 2018, 5:54:57 PM6/5/18
to Gail Benoit, dlr...@yahoogroups.com, DAYLILY IMAGES
You are so fortunate.  We are at least a month off of being able to bloom anything here where I live in zone 4b Canada. Winter was late and spring has so far been slow to push forward.   As a result, most of the plants are pretty puny and I think that mid July this year is more likely an early bloom time frame than is earlier in the month.  Not sure why as winter was not overly oppressive, but neither does spring seem very keen to kick in with a bit of bounce to get us ready for summer!

Lanny Morry
3901 River Road,
RR3 Manotick, Ontario
Canada K4M 1B4

AHS region 4, zone 4b
Avalonia Whippets and Daylilies
Visit my avaloniadaylilies site on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/384812041578715/
Daylilies website at: http://avaloniadaylilies.com
Whippets website at: http://avaloniawhippets.com/news.html

Gregg Savard

Jun 6, 2018, 7:55:26 PM6/6/18
to vada...@va.metrocast.net, dlr...@yahoogroups.com, dl-i...@googlegroups.com
Especially love 'Too Many Petals'.  Glad you found a place where it will bloom.  Looks like it was saving up all those petals to give you a really good show.

Gregg Savard
gjsa...@verizon.net