Daylily season has arrived

Jane

May 16, 2017, 10:57:38 AM5/16/17
to Daylily Spider, Daylily Images2
The time has begun of getting up before the sun, to do walkaround with camera for those first daylily blooms. First registered daylily, TANZANITE, Lambert, bloomed this morning. What a thrill! Image attached. First bloom also on SEDUCTOR, but no photo, yet, of it.

Also attached are images of the fruit of my sarviceberry (Amelanchier) tree. I found it has many names, but it is sarvisberry to me, the name it was called as I grew up. The other names include shadbush, shadwood, shadblow, (these 'shad' names have to do with the running of shad at time of bloom in Eastern parts), serviceberry, sarvis, juneberry, saskatoon, sugarplum or wild-plum, & chuckley pea. There are other common names shown on the 'net, but these are a few. I smile when I read about uses for the edible berries that eventually turn black, but I've only had a chance to eat a few ripe ones - the birds swarm the tree to eat every berry, many while still in the red stage.

Jane Mahan
Elm Springs, west of Springdale, NW Arkansas

Daylily Tanzanite ffo IMG_3713.jpg